Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to take my tools to work with me and its a pain to put my backpack on over my leathers. Is there any bags for the 1k that are a decent size? i know the tank isn't metal so tank bangs excluded. do they have hard bags?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
stegen said:
I need to take my tools to work with me and its a pain to put my backpack on over my leathers. Is there any bags for the 1k that are a decent size? i know the tank isn't metal so tank bangs excluded. do they have hard bags?
how about a tank bag that uses straps? I have an old Fox bag like that. ! strap from around the front of the seat and another that goes down under the triple around the steering neck.

Or a tail bag.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want hard bags, see if Givi is making a top case for it.
For a nice soft bag system, check to see if Ventura is making a set for it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a set of like-new RKA soft luggage that would work. Let me know if your interesed. Priced to sell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
stegen said:
I have an Icon tank bag and Joe Rocket Velocity saddle bags. I don't use the saddle bags bungee cords that run underneath for obvious reasons, but they were still stable and held just fine on my 3 day 1200 mi trip from NY to KY last summer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HondaGalToo said:
If you want hard bags, see if Givi is making a top case for it.
For a nice soft bag system, check to see if Ventura is making a set for it.
Been using a Ventura rack and 56litre bag for about 18 months now works great and SOO MUCH better than a backpack...the difference in freedom is amazing. Done a number of mulitday tours with it as well.

I just purchase some throw over painiers that look like they should do the trick when I'll be camping on the tours, with the bags on the sides I can lay the tent and similar shaped gear across the pillion seat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts