Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There motorcycle division went belly up. I think ATK took over their stuff (?). They are "high tech" bikes. Fuel injected. Selectable mapping, Ohlins suspension, all aluminum frame. But I don't know about their reliability.

Pinit Motorsports in Salinas, CA is a dealer (831-444-6309). Steve is very knowledgable about them. Knows them inside and out. He would be able to answer any questions you have about it.

Yes they are expensive. Brand new they are quite a bit higher than the big 4.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EatnAsphalt said:
There motorcycle division went belly up. I think ATK took over their stuff (?). They are "high tech" bikes. Fuel injected. Selectable mapping, Ohlins suspension, all aluminum frame. But I don't know about their reliability.

Pinit Motorsports in Salinas, CA is a dealer (831-444-6309). Steve is very knowledgable about them. Knows them inside and out. He would be able to answer any questions you have about it.

Yes they are expensive. Brand new they are quite a bit higher than the big 4.

Thanks. Yep ATK took over them and is building bikes now. I'll give Steve a call if I decide to seriously consider this bike. Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When they went belly up I heard the dealership around here was dumping the quads for $3500....almost worth it just to ride it until it died then make it some sort of decoration in the basement

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would steer clear-they didn't go belly up for no reason. The bikes were certainly high-tech, and came with some good stuff (bars, ohlins, etc) but the EFI was fubar and they were slow and heavy compared to anything in the 450 dept now. They were also poorly set up suspension wise, and other than the "oh, that's unique" factor, probably not worth purchasing (especially for the price). I was not aware that ATK bought them, perhaps they will come out with revised models. Even so, ATK is not exactly on the forefront of MX/off road technology either. I would go with a CRF or YZF (or CRF-X for off-road) and be done with it. You'll be much happier in the long run.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I realize this is an old post, but wanted to share some insight as an owner of 2 cannondales. These bikes require a little more maintenance than the average bike, but overall are excellent performers. The dry weight of the E440 is 249 lbs and right in line with the competition. Parts and support are available through ATK and ATK is continuing to build these bikes with some improvements. A little pricier than most, but American made from the ground up and not going away anytime soon. My buddies are riding hondas, suzukis, KTMs and Yamahas and all love my bikes. Don't knock 'em until you've actually seen them in action or ridden one. Great suspensions and the fuel injection is awesome. :evilaugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts