Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at one of the RSR2 Duhamel replicas since my Okada is due to be replaced (yes, I have a thing for dragons).

Only problem is that there aren't many places around here that sells them. I think Nault's used to sell them but I'll have to go pop in and take a look, regardless, lets just say that trying one on might be tricky.

So, for anybody that has a Shark lid, how does it fit? My Arai Quantum is super comfortable. My old HJC is also pretty comfy. Soumy is to much of a rounded shape for me and creates all sorts of pressure points on my forehead. :( Haven't tried Shoei and AGV doesn't have anything that really interestes me.

G

·
I have one of the more basic ones... S800 I think. I have a fat head, and I tried on EVERYTHING before I bought this one. Fits me perfect, and it actually ventilates better than my Shoei did.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was afraid of. I have a more oval shaped head. The Suomy is definately for round heads and it definately doesn't work for me. :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:huh: I just looked at several websites that said they were Snell approved. I'll have to look at their site again...Snell isn't all that important to me, really, just an added bonus.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shark is serious about the U.S. market, and they went through the trouble of obtaining a Snell certification for almost their entire helmet line. Not that a Snell approval is any better or worse than an ECE 22-05 approval, in our opinion, but it does give many U.S. riders a sense of security and it also shows commitment to the U.S. market.
From: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/shark-helmet/

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think that first link I posted made an error. It looks like Sharks auto racing helmets are Snell approved but the mc helmets aren't on Snell's site.

G

·
I think Abtech posted something about helmet certification a while ago, maybe not to long before Grattan.... Shark was in there, something to do with European certification not being the same? Would have to dig for that thread.​

G

·
The more expensive models are Snell certified. My S800 has the DOT and ECE 2002(I think?) rating.

The guy at the bike shop yesterday was saying that the Snell 2005 ratings are making the helmets a lot bigger and heavier.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know, phobe...The weight claims on Shark's site are just under what the Suomy Spec1R is supposed to be and that's a pretty light helmet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
nhfirefighter13 said:
I don't know, phobe...The weight claims on Shark's site are just under what the Suomy Spec1R is supposed to be and that's a pretty light helmet.
I have a Spec 1R and every other helmet I've picked up has felt heavier so thats a pretty big claim. should be nice if its true.

G

·
jetbdude said:
Veronica has one, she's happy with it but not snell approved :crap:
Shark uses a better design than the one mandated to pass the snell standard, which I think is a HUGE plus.

Crash tested my RSR2 a few weeks ago and came out of it very nicely (assuming the bloody council pays the $750 odd to replace it).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts