Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will take a guess and say a RF 800. I would be concerned as to the age of it if you were thinking of buying it to wear. I do not wear anything that is over 5 years of age.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 5 helmets myself. Most all this years or last years.

This wanna gonna be a passenger helmet............

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't believe people still believe the myth that (fiberglass) helmets are no good after 5 years.

I'd be leary of buying a used helmet though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Myth?

Shoei 2007

"we, SHOEI, recommend replacement in 5 years after it's first purchased at retail."
Imagine that, they want you to buy a new helmet every 5 years. Excellent business tactics. Imagine how fewer helmets they'd sell if people replaced their lids when they needed to be instead of when a manufacturer says they should be.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't believe people still believe the myth that (fiberglass) helmets are no good after 5 years.

Ya looks like my rf 800, Ive been hearing alot abuot this 3-5 yr helmet life thing lately. A few shops ive been into have said it's the foam inside the shell that deteriates from all the dried sweat and what not over time. A line used by salesmen to get you to fork over more bills? Maybe, but its got me a little paranoid.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd replace at least every 5 yrs. They know you have many options when buying a helmet so i doubt their saying it so you'll buy more of theirs.

UV breaks down the helmet over time. If you store it indoors and rarely use it then yeah it should last a very long time. I however wear mine every day in the sun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey Flasher, how do you like your ZX14? Is it more comfortable than say a ZX10R?

I watched and listened to one go by me as i was standing there. A very quiet nice low sound to it, he was probably only turning 2,500rpm or so.

·
Registered
0 Posts
hey Flasher, how do you like your ZX14? Is it more comfortable than say a ZX10R?
I watched and listened to one go by me as i was standing there. A very quiet nice low sound to it, he was probably only turning 2,500rpm or so.
i dont wanna hijack this thread, but i love my ZX. i cannot compare it to the 10R other than sitting on one in the showroom and -- yes -- the riding position is much more comfortable (to me). it's quiet and unassuming. it just loves to purr right along, but give her the gas and ... WOW!!!!

see more here: http://www.pioneerforums.com/forums/introductions/57715-its-me-again.html

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

no????do you understand how a helmet works??? the reason being is cuz of the sterefoam. the reason they have this there.....well think of it as an airbag for your brain. its going to soak up all the shock so you dont get knocked out from your brian hitting your head. after a while or an impact, this foam looses its effectiveness.....so ya you still might have an outer shell to protect your head from cracking open but you can get knocked out and put into a coma and die that way.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.