Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting new boots here for my birthday and I'm curious if anyone has tried these? Are they comfortable for walking? Good for riding and shifting?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
a buddy just bought the motorhead boots. pretty heavy boot, looked like pretty good construction. the toe is pretty big so it may get in the way of switiching gears though. over all it looks like a good everyday riding boot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MACI4LIFE said:
a buddy just bought the motorhead boots. pretty heavy boot, looked like pretty good construction. the toe is pretty big so it may get in the way of switiching gears though. over all it looks like a good everyday riding boot.
i used the word pretty 3 times. it's not the way i'd like to describe icon gear. lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that has 2 r's in it.

I'm not that excited about Icon's gear. Seems little more than marketing hype with a good logo. The only reason I liked those boots is that if they are comfortable, they are generaly what I am looking for and I like the way they look.

I'm trying to find something that I can walk around in during the day, but provide better protection than just normal boots would. After all, I have other boots, but they aren't waterproof, windproof and aren't waiters. Got any good alternatives, BDA?

·
Registered
45 Posts
schnogg said:

I'm not that excited about Icon's gear. Seems little more than marketing hype with a good logo. The only reason I liked those boots is that if they are comfortable, they are generaly what I am looking for and I like the way they look.

I'm trying to find something that I can walk around in during the day, but provide better protection than just normal boots would. After all, I have other boots, but they aren't waterproof, windproof and aren't waiters. Got any good alternatives, BDA?
If you want a good riding boot, it's probably not gonna be comfortable to walk around in all day. Most riding boots will have some sort of plates in them to protect your foot/ankle from getting shattered in a wreck. Stuff like that doesn't leave much room for movement. You could always get some construction boots that cover your ankles. Better than shoes, but not nearly as good as a pair of SMX boots or the like.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What I am thinking is this: I want to be able to ride my bike to work, where I don't walk around very much as I am tied to a desk. Then I get back on the bike, ride to class and go in the building. Again, not much foot travel. Then back to work.
I could go for a GP style boot, but I want to be able to sit in a desk for while. Right now all I have is decent protective shoes, but boots would be nice to cover the ankles.

·
Registered
76 Posts
schnogg said:

Actually, I've never looked into that type of boot as I don't street ride, but after doing a bit of looking those things don't look all that waterproof with all that mesh. That and they look like ski boots.
The Sidi Escape looks like a decent boot, but kinda pricey. Same goes for the Alpinestars Recon. Tourmaster Response is a bit less expensive. The Joe Rocket Phoenix shoe looks interesting, and is pretty cheap, but doesn't do much for the ankle and shin.
I don't know really, I'm sure there is a pretty big selection of comfy yet protective footwear, though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alpinestars makes a gortex version of their SM-X. That's what I use on the street. They have ankle armor. They're not all that bad to walk around in. I wouldn't go on a hike or anything... but not bad. :)

Check out the offerings from Frey Daytona at www.helimot.com
They might have good ones that are less "racer" looking, but still protective. The Roadstar comes to mind.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the link.
I might have to say that this is the worst web site ever published. What is happening with the catalog/product list? The navagation is confusing.
Dazed and confused for so long..... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.