Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Based on the fact no one had love for the MotoGP stuff, I decided to look around some more while I wait for my A* jacket to show up, which is replacing my Icon Motorhead.

Well I stumbled across RS-Taichi and I must say I am DAMN impressed!

Anyone looking/using their stuff?

I am looking at the Evo race pants and the Team jacket, I just wonder if there are any sizing concerns or maybe they look and sound a lot better then they really are...

Thanks Everyone!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All,

Based on the fact no one had love for the MotoGP stuff, I decided to look around some more while I wait for my A* jacket to show up, which is replacing my Icon Motorhead.

Well I stumbled across RS-Taichi and I must say I am DAMN impressed!

Anyone looking/using their stuff?

I am looking at the Evo race pants and the Team jacket, I just wonder if there are any sizing concerns or maybe they look and sound a lot better then they really are...

Thanks Everyone!
The best suit I ever owned was an RS-Taichi. Unfortunately it took around 8 months to get a custom suit through them. Things are probably much better now, but they never used to make anything "off the rack".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HondaGal has two suits off the rack from them; a one piece for the track (which held up very well in a 70 mph get-off), and a two piece for the street that has a full zipper. I've seen them up close and they are very well made. They'd be a great choice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got one... Freak'n awesome suit!

I won't go too far into details but I felt that their suits were WELL above the rest at nearly any price range. Once you look at the EVO, Zero and GPMax ranges; you won't want anything else. The Viper series is a very nice lower-priced suit - if you're counting pennies; if you have one or two extra pennies: get the Zero.

I have nothing but great things to say about their apparel - my Zero suit is the first (but it certainly will not be the last) RSTaichi gear I own...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you get a two piece suit make sure it mates with metal zippers connected to leather. not mesh as most do. this will save you some road rash if you ever do "meat" the road

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you get a two piece suit make sure it mates with metal zippers connected to leather. not mesh as most do. this will save you some road rash if you ever do "meat" the road
Good point. I just looked at the zipper arrangement on HondaGal's 2 piece Taichi. It's a plastic zipper. The one on the pants is attached to leather, but the one on the jacket is attached to the mesh.

My Vanson 2 piece, on the other hand, has a metal zipper that is directly attached to the leather on both pants and jacket. However, it's a custom and not an off the rack. Their off-the rack stuff has that stupid three-piece zipper arrangement.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a Taichi suit. Great suit imho and very comfortable. Virtually no break in time required. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

I believe RSTaichi and Kushitani are somehow related now (I believe the Kush guy said Kush owns them or some such thing).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to ask the grandson of kushitani who runs the shop in LA. it would be interesting since kushitani does not believe in using hard armore and RS seems too.

I love the kushitani gloves i have, but they were pricey.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was looking at the RS site directly, they do not list the names you guys are talking about.

Is there a store in the US somewhere that you can direct me to please?

Thanks!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HondaGal got hers from Moto Liberty // #1 gear Store In Texas
She purchased a 2 piece from them and they were very helpful with sizing. She got the wrong size the first time (the one piece and 2 piece sizing is a bit differern) and an exchange was no problem at all.
The leather is good quality, nice and thick, with good padding. The liner zips completely out for washing. As I said before, her one piece held up well in a crash, no split seams or anything.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll have to ask the grandson of kushitani who runs the shop in LA. it would be interesting since kushitani does not believe in using hard armore and RS seems too.

I love the kushitani gloves i have, but they were pricey.
Ask...I'm not positive, but I believe that's what Kushitani Mike told me at one of our days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts