Honda Pioneer Forums banner

Anyone with Vemar VSR and Shoei?

1K views 11 replies 0 participants last post by  JustinkF 
G
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to buy a new helmet, but have zero acess to Shoei here in Saudi Arabia. I want to order one from Kneedraggers, but am not sure which way to go.

I have tried on several Arai, and they do not fit me at all.

I have a Vemar VSR in size L (59cm) and am hoping someone else has this helmet that fits them well as it does me and can tell me what Shoei they may have also tried/bought that fit them well or not well at all.

I am thinking X-11 but I could be way off.

I know this is a stretch, but I thought I would try anyways!

Thank you!

G
#7 ·
I tried on a mid-range Shoei (L), and have a Vemar VSR (L). I don't remember which model, but I'll get back to you when I get a chance.

The Shoei fit good and comfortable, but not as snug as the Vemar - especially in the cheek areas. My Vemar VSR fit's super snug, but no pressure points anywhere. The Shoei was heavier, but reputedly quieter.

Of course, this is wierd, but older Arais fit me well too.(?)

G
#8 ·
I fit old Arai too, but not the new ones. The Vemar fits me really good as it does you, very snug but no pressure points!

So can I please bribe you into going down to a local shop and trying on an RF-1000 and X-Eleven to tell me what fits better? I'm willing to send you a gift certificate for your time! :eyebrows: :clap: :D

G
#9 ·
On any other issue I'd take the freebie :D , but I just can't do it on a helmet issue. :crap:

I can tell you the Shoei was an RF-1000, because a friend bought the one I was looking at awhile back.

You *SHOULD* be okay buying a Shoei in Large, but you should **ALWAYS** try a helmet on before you buy, if not for the comfort factor, at least for safety.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.