Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to snap off the left side shield cover (Pod) on my Arai. So i ordered a replacement but the damn thing won't snap in snug. I tried for about an hour with no luck. The top of the shield cover seems secure but the bottom isn't secured. Am i missing something here?? PS this is on a Arai Edwards Corsair

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just needed to really apply some force to it and it snapped in...in case anyone else needs to know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If yours is like mine, the two tabs have to fit in. One tab goes up and down the other sideways. You gotta first put the tab that goes up and down and then apply a little pressure in the middle to kind of stretch the other tab (the one that goes sideways) to fit in it's hole. Don't give too much pressure.

I found that when removing shields, it helps to keep your hand over the side shield to hold it in place as you slide the shield out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Let Nicky show you how it's done!

http://www.araiamericas.com/gpracer.wmv

I've broken one side on my Haga replica Quantum/f. They developed hairline cracks near the top (visible from the outside). The painted Haga replica ones are thinner plastic than the standard black ones. I use the black ones now and haven't broken one since switching. Also I now use the method shown in the video, helmet facing away from me, etc. I've never tried while wearing it. Not really any reason to. I can see how it's an advantage for Isle of Man racers though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts