Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone riding with these, what brand and how would you rate it on:
comfort,
fit,
crash tested?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a buddy that crashed with the Spidi back protector, say's it saved him for sure. I need one as I do those things alot that we can't talk about :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've thought about buying the Icon knee/leg guards. A lot of cycle injuries i see are to that area of the legs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting. I have a buddy that broke his femur, but never heard of the shin part. I have Spidi boots that cover my shin pretty well

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'm want to get a pair of SetUp vision boots that cover the shin area. I actually saw a guy get nailed by a car from behind once. His lower leg bone broke in half and pushed thru his body and was sticking out the upper portion of his boot. Needless to say there was a lot of blood.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello to everyone out there,first time on here,re.back protector,i have being using it since i bought it 3 years ago,and put it on even if i rode it just to join a buddy for coffee,well guess what ...4 months ago,after supper one of my riding buddy call me to to for a cup of java,so as usual got fully dressed for riding put on my brand new helmet and about5 km later a guy with a pickup truck while on the cell phone ,went trough a stop sign and hit me,broke all my left hand bones and left arm,went for a short flight and landed feet and back first and slid on my back and tumbled, now have 3 titanium plates and 21 screws !....long story short...my back protector did it's job...saved my back and tail bone! The bottom part of it (12'' ) was scraped ,but still in one piece and still usable !So be smart,don't leave home without it !!
Desmorob.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just ordered the Icon field leg armor (my calf is 15.5" around so I hope it will fit) and a pair of draggin' pants. I hope the combination will provide adequate protection for the street.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the icon field armor back protector, I picked it up for a hundred bucks. I like it alot, and feel that its reinforced enough that if I do fall, my back will be pretty well taken care of.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a buddy that crashed with the Spidi back protector, say's it saved him for sure. I need one as I do those things alot that we can't talk about :rolleyes:

which one does he have, the Airback or back warrior. I have the back warrior and I'm very happy with it. don't even notice it when riding. I wear it every time I get on the bike no matter where I'm going.

I just looked at the motonation site and there's a new one sorta. its basically a back warrior plus a chest protector in one piece. I kind of want it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a Dianese back protector. I have had it for about five years. I too wear mine everytime I go out. The one time you don't wear it you'll need it.
It's a little uncomfortable at first but once your use to it you won't notice it. I did go down on it at the track and slid on my back for about 50 feet or more. The leathers were pretty ugly but I got up and walked away with a jammed thumb and a wrecked bike. The bike was fixed in a few months and looks good as new. If it was you back it would not be fixed anytime soon. Cheap insurance as far as I'm concerened.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just picked up a Knox Contour. It's great, fits very well, slim design, level II CE protection.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.