Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a quick run last night with a friend who was in town visiting. While on the trail the bike on 2 different occasions ran a little rough and then stalled and 3 other times it just stall with no warning at all. Each time it stalled it started back up with a quick flick of the key and we were back on our way. Never had the issue before and don't want to have it happen again. It was stalling mostly when we were at low RPM's or at idle and sitting on near level ground. Anyone else have any issues like this?

·
Registered
78 Posts
My machine has done this once also, my old Rincon would do this about 10 times a year also.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mine stalled also over the weekend. This has happened a hadfull of times since new. I won't bother the dealer with it since they won't be able to duplicate it. If it become a more regular thing I will hook up my scope and meters and start to monitor however that takes away from the fun and it feels like I brought my work home :smilebig:

·
Registered
11 Posts
i had the problum also..i switched to premium gas and i took it back to the dealer it back fired for him thank god also...told him to drain reg gas put in my hi test..he thinks it may had water in gas...add dry gas to gas to get water out....also i use stabal so gas does not gum up from not useing it much as id like to...well what ever he did fixed it and i live on a mtn top 2500-2800 ft elv...with a 15-20% grade.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I use premium gas exclusively and try to get no-ethenol premium whenever possible. I also store my Hippo with premium no-ethenol and Sea Foam stabilizer during winter months (times of less use). Was told Sea Foam does much better job than Sta-bil in terms of handling ethenol. Bottom-line: have had no issues so far with stalling. (knock on wood):idunno:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mostly sure the 10% blend will not help anything. Think it's bad now wait untill they start with a higher percent.
Single cylinder engines have the biggest problem when the rpms are low.

I recomend keeping sea foam nearby and storing it with little fuel. Also keep the air filter clean. Ours keeps getting dirty.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I operate my big red for deer hunting or duck hunting on the banks of the red river. It is a very sandy dusty area and I've heard the big red doesn't have the cleanest air intake spot which i can attest to. If my air filter gets too dirty my big red back fires when it down shifts and has stalled out while doing some climbing in the sand. Just changing the air filter helps 90% of this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.