Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a bike cam on their bike? I plan in installing two...on facing forward and one rearward. Any recommendations? Also my friend has one facing rear and it is impossible to see anything at night with the headlight glare from other vehicles. Does anyone know of a camera made for night that will actually show something besides a big halo?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never use it at night. I sometimes use it for road riding by attaching it to my helmet and putting the cam in a backpack. On the track I only attach it to the bike with the cam being in the RC. I got this brand but mine is old but is equivalent to the 480 line version. My gallery has some video from it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sony DCR-HC30 one advantage of Sony is the LANC switch for remote turn on and off. Canon used to have it but most models do not anymore

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Talk to Bwhip... He's got that stuff hooked up nice. Check out some of the videos he has posted.. Very high quality stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a dual bullet cam setup mounted both front and rear connected to a Sony MiniDV camcorder using a fore/aft switch and a LANC controller. Unfortunately I dropped one of the cams last year and only run one now...:crap:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not sure what to tell you about night filming, since I really have never done it, nor thought much about doing it, but for daytime use I have a Canon Elura 90 that I carry in a small tank bag. It's a great camera, but if I was buying one today I would definitely find one with LANC capability, as described above.

I also haven't run dual remote cams to the camcorder - I just mount my single cam in different positions and then splice the video using editing software. I've seen vids that show fore and aft views at the same time, and it's kind of a neat thing to see occasionally, but it gets a little old after a while, IMO.

As far as remote cams, my favorite is the Adventure Cam 3 by Viosport (http://www.viosport.com/), which has the best image quality I've seen. Unfortunately, the audio quality is very poor. That matters to some people but not others. Their choices in accessories are second to none - every kind of wide angle lens, mounting kit, you name it.

I also have the motorcycle camera by Twenty20 (http://www.twenty20camera.com/). The audio is better, but the video is not as good. Power is provided by direct hookup to your bike's battery.

I've also heard of others who like the Helmet Cam (http://www.helmetcamera.com/), but I haven't tried that one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
One of the cool things they did at the Schwantz school was to have an instructor with rear facing cam run in front of you while another with a front facing unit followed. They played back in split screen (both side by side and top & bottom) and critiqued the students (including near highsides :eyebrows: ).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does anyone have any experience recording using a DVR (digital video recorder)? I was looking into purchasing an Archos.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just bought a forward facing cam mount on ebay for $30.00 and am looking to purchase a rear facing cam mount. I don't want to spend $100.00 for a simple aluminium mount. Anyone know where I might find a good deal?
Planning to get as much footage at Grattan as possible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.