Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it's becoming obvious that I can't exactly pull out a pen and scribble down the license plate of a driver deliberately being a dick. My memory is shit, but I figure the minimum I coud do is call myself and leave a message. Does anyone have any comments on trying to fit the little bluetooth earpieces underneath helmets like the Shoei X-11? Other options? I really couldn't care for talking on the phone in traffic otherwise.

I visited Circuit City yesterday and they couldnt' let me just try some on but I was welcome to buy/try/return as many as I wanted. I just didn't have my bike with me, so it wasn't worth getting into that mess. I guess it keeps the homeless guys/kids from coming in and doing it...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah, you'll give yourself a full-time job if you really want this for recording license numbers.

Just worry about what's going on, not turning people in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not worried about the normal fool, just the exceptional case. Even then, not too worried about that ;-)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a Collett communicator that lets me plug in my cell phone....

I would think that any of the current BlueTooth headsets would be too big to fit inside the helmet comfortably.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
luvtolean said:
Yeah, you'll give yourself a full-time job if you really want this for recording license numbers.

Just worry about what's going on, not turning people in.
+1... you're the one on the sportbike; shouldn't it be everyone else phoning your plate in?

I think the cops here get so many of those calls that they don't really bother with them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i can't fit a bluetooth under the helmet, but i have a regular headset from jabra that i can get into my kbc with no troubles, haven't tried it with my shoei. I will, and get back to you.

However, you can't hear shit. just lot's of wind, so be prepared. you could just carry some ball bearings to huck at the car. that'll teach them a lesson.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nedro said:
I have one of these which I got as a sample.
I can honestly say it is fantastic!!!
At 60-80kph the caller can't tell your on a bike, at 120 it's still clear as a bell but the caller can here just the slightest bit of wind noise, still clear on the riders end. (This is with a full face helmet).
As for funtionality it's very rider friendly and as long as you have your voice dials set you can make calls at the touch of a button.
It has some smarts built in as well, like when your stopped the earpiece volume is at the perfect level but as you take off and the ambient noise rises the earpiece volume goes up to compensate.
They sell in Australia for around $219 AU.
Highly recommended!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm of the school that any mc listening device should be of the earplug/ambient-isolated type, and the microphone part should be limited to throat mic's (open air mic's are too noisy). A speaker in your ear has to overcome wind noise, which really isn't so good for your ears, and most open air microphones become useless on the highway.

That being said, the Scala is a great idea, but would need improvements for me to be interested. I have a regular BT Scala headset, and the quality definitely leaves something to be desired. But, it IS your only BT option as of now...

You could also look into the noise terminator from Clearercom, basically a throat mic with an ear bud (they have a moto version too, but i don't like it for the reasons stated above)...

Please let us know how your search goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts