Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the suggestions for inside/outside cleaning of BR? Typical dust/dirt/mud of trail riding...Would simple garden hose and auto soap do the trick? Can you just hose off the inside if careful not to direct spray into instrumental panel? I am not looking to do a massive detailing job everytime I ride but do want to make it clean and presentable...
Thanks

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I pressure wash the whole bike and don't have anything covered or protected. I just don't hit any of the electronic areas. I also just use water no soap of any kind but that is mostly because I am cheap.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Believe or not, the best way clean a BR (or any four wheelers) is to go to Home Depot or Wal-Mart and buy the gallon size bottles of Simple Green and Armor All. Also, buy two good, (because a cheap one won’t last) fruit tree sprayers. Mix equal parts of Simple Green and water. Wash all the loose dirt and mud from your BR and then spray it down good with the Simple Green mix (avoid prolonged exposure to seats windshields). Let it soak for a minute and spray down with a regular garden hose… good pressure is always helpful (you may have to repeat this process the first time if your BR is really dirty). Now the most important part… while is still wet… and clean… drown it down (using the second fruit tree sprayer) with Armor All (avoid the windshields) and let it dry in a shady area.

If you do this every time you wash your BR…. It will very easy to clean and the plastic will last and look great. It will leave a film… but it’s worth it when you go to wash it again. Obviously… when you buy a BR (or any four wheelers) and you do this before you get it dirty… it will always be easy to clean.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Costco sells a product called Oil Eater. I love this stuff. It cuts through mud, oil, grease, and the mud oil muck easily with no scrubbing. Spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Oil eater is an awsome product I agree.
I just use hot water, a cheap pressure washer with soap wand using cheap car wash soap and have had good luck. However I think I would not have such good luck if I let it sit for a few days and dry. I just hit it on the trailer when I get home, works for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.