Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased the Honda BR Grille Guard? This is the one that sticks above the bumper and covers the headlights and hood. It is hinged to permit it to drop down to allow work under the raised hood. My question is, what have you experienced with the hinge function of this design? Does it lock in place solidly (and how) so as not to rattle while driving? I understand it has some sort of lever - spring loaded design. Has this been durable and does it lock up tight and solid? I am suspicious of springs durability and of how solid of a lockup this system might be.
Thanks for your help and thoughts.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:thumbd:Went to my dealer and looked at one first hand yesterday. In my opinion, it is a poorly designed affair. It is hinged to fold out of the way when you open the hood. The hinge apparatus is a spring loaded, notch and groove affair. The tension of the springs is what hold the notches in place in the grooves. I fear that over time these springs would weaken (as all springs do) and the entire grille would become a serious rattle issue. I declined the purchase and will hope/wait for something better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.