Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going to buy a bullet cam for my bike, as far as i know the bullet cam comes with its own power source in the form of batterys. Can anyone tell me how long normally do these batterys last?
Also can someone tell me how long the average battery for a camcorder lasts? thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The batteries vary by cam. Mine uses 8 AA batteries and I plug it in at the start of the day and it will go all day. The Camcorder is harder to say as I turn it on and off with a LANC so it is not on for prolonged periods (but it will easliy last 2 tapes) the biggest consumer of batteries is the LCD which you will not be using.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Different bullet cams have different power sources. One of mine actually connects to your motorcycle's battery. The other uses eight AA's. If I remember to unplug it from the cam after each session it will last for several trackdays, otherwise it will drain in just one. Most camcorders come with a small battery that is good for a couple of hours initially, but slowly lose their ability to hold a charge. You can generally buy aftermarket batteries which will last five hours or so of continuous use, if you buy the larger ones. The downside is that they make your compact camcorder a little less compact.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What brand are you getting? The helmetcamera.com setup uses the 8 AA battery setup, and it connects using a regular size 9v style clip. I made my own adapter to power my camera from the bike with some wire and 9v clips from radio shack. I still use the battery pack if I'm mounting the camcorder in my backpack instead of on the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts