Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys... I need to get me a new helmet, my arai is way to old and it stinks because it was a custom paint job. My question is has anyone bought a new helmet from e-bay, any sellers I should stay away from ? Also, has the sizing changed any with ARAI?? My old helmet I think was a XL, just was wondering if todays XL is the same. Here's a pic of my old helmet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
best advice I can give you is to go to your local stealership and try on a new arai if thats the brand you want. Once you know what size you want, go hunting. Another reccomendation is try and deal with bigger ebay stores and companies with an extremely high buyer feedback. :twocents:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I searched high and low and found these guys to be the best by far reasonable shipping (to Canada) and even said it was a gift so I wouldn't get dinged at customs.

Took awhile (about 2 weeks) to get shipped but I was in no rush and it has a manufacture date of 12/12/06.

I got a Arai Rx7 Corsair love the lid and a great price too, mind you it was a solid colour it was quite a bit cheaper than a replica.

eBay Store - Powersport Closeouts: Motorcycle Helmets Street, HJC Motorcycle Helmets Street, Kbc Motorcycle Helmets

·
Registered
3 Posts
best advice I can give you is to go to your local stealership and try on a new arai if thats the brand you want. Once you know what size you want, go hunting. Another reccomendation is try and deal with bigger ebay stores and companies with an extremely high buyer feedback. :twocents:
:plus1:.... I dealt with an Ebay shop out of the Pittsburgh area... good feedback, no issues. Sorry I cant remember the name right now

-jh

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Second the try it on first advice. But there are places doing good stuff on the internet. Try Newenough.com, they've come through for me before. Also, do not pay for anything off Ebay except with Paypal. Anyone rips you off, and Ebay will do squat nothing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Make sure you ask the eBay seller for the manufactured date (on a tag inside the helmet by law) so you don't get something 'new' that's actually five years old.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've purchased 2 helmets from eBay and had good luck both times. Like anything else you buy from there, just check the sellers feedback carefully and you should be fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to have to eventually get around to buying a new helmet. I've dropped ( by mistake ) my Scorpion about 4 times from 3ft high onto the ground/floor.

I like the looks of the Arai's myself, which in of itself is a dumb reason to choose a helmet, but i trust the name. Do they have a fully removeable/washable liner?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know about the Arai cause they are 5 times what I paid for my HJC. The HJC was $129.99 CDN less 10% cause I bought the bike there. $8.95 for the chin curtain and $14.95 for the breath box. The Breath box seals against your nose it makes me a bit claustrophobic but keeps the visor much cleaner. The liner is washable and removable. I bought it because it is DOT and Snell approved and the cheapest one I could find. The downside is that the wind noise is so loud (seriously painful) that it should come with a warning. Any speed over 80kph (50mph) and earplugs are a must. A $3 pair did the job.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make sure you ask the eBay seller for the manufactured date (on a tag inside the helmet by law) so you don't get something 'new' that's actually five years old.

+1

Make sure you do this. I got a helmet from ebay once and it was new, yes, but manufactured 4 years ago.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i bought a HJC off ebay this spring, I got it fast and they sent me a spare tinted visor too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.