Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering putting the cam out the front of the fairing out a cut in the sharkskinz. Attaching the cam on the ledge over the front tire with the super velcro and and zip strip as extra safety. I figure this will have a better chance of survival vs on the side (at least the wires are all internal). Any thoughts on why this is not a good idea?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Probably fine - you just always want to consider ways to reduce vibration (especially on a twin). Some mounting locations are better than others for this. The mechanics of the mount also influence this, i.e. can you use velcro or rubber to provide some vibration damping, but still have it be a very stable connection so that it's not bouncing around all over the place.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BDA116 said:
Your Sharkskinz are plastic?
Plastic with a fiberglass filler.

plastic has a very wide definition. ;)

The term "plastics" covers a range of synthetic or semi-synthetic polymerization products. They are composed of organic condensation or addition polymers and may (often) contain other substances to improve performance or economics. There are few natural polymers generally considered to be "plastics". Plastics can be formed into objects or films or fibers. Their name is derived from the fact that many are malleable, having the property of plasticity. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gt702 said:
Plastic with a fiberglass filler.

plastic has a very wide definition. ;)
Thanks but nope it was just a sheepism, all brakes are pads also (even drum).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BDA116 said:
Wow, glass fiber can be considered a plastic? :huh: Learn something new every day, eh?
Glass fiber is a filler, the resin is the plastic. When marking parts for production, you give the resin, then the amount of filler.
For instance: PP (25GF) means that it is polypropylene with 25% glass fiber fill.

.... just to fill in your daily learning :eyebrows:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts