Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I hauled the tracks out of the box and threw them under the bike tonight. The first one was a job to get lined up with the lug nuts but once I figured out how to man handle it by myself the other 3 went on pretty easy. The instructions were not the best but I did manage to get it all bolted up. The final dimensions are 15" of ground clearance and a full 71" in width. Because of the impending rain I was in a bit of a rush to get them on and the bike back inside my overly full garage. I will grab a few more pictures of the brackets tomorrow when I have some more light.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got some more pics of the install.

The rear bracket required removing the stock bolt for the hub and replacing it with a longer one from the kit.

One bolt is all that is needed the other end just hooks over the brace on the a-arm.

The front bracket was even easier to install.

The front bracket had tabs that fit over the a-arms and a plate sat on top of the a-arm and bolted to the rear plate. I installed the bolts so the nuts were on the bottom as they seem a little to close to the CV boot. Did want the bike to flex and the bolt make contact with it.

I need to break them in a little and then adjust the torsion rods again but all in all it was a very easy kit to install.

The tires are 26" to give you a size comparison.

Clearance into the garage is tight. I have to push the door up past the header and hold it up with a clamp and then drive under. I have about a inch of clearance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your rig looks great man!
How high and wide is your br w/ tracks?

I fear it's higher than 7' ...... I still have my foreman w/ commanders .... But I was thinking of trading them in for the set up you have..... unless them make a BR kit for the commanders.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure on the height but the width is a full 71" and I gained 3" in ground clearance. With the lift kit I have that is a full 5" of extra ground clearance over stock. Looking at the specs from Honda's website this should make the Big Red around 82" tall. I will grab the tape and measure it this evening to make sure.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went out this mourning on my way to work and took a measurement from the highest point on the roof of my bike (the bolt that holds the roof on) and it came out to 81". My garage door is 83.5" so it looks like I still have room for a slightly larger lift kit if I choose to go bigger again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Man i gotta tell ya, you bike looks so F-ing cool with the tracks on there............So, I want em for mine!! but next question is, and you dont have to answer if you dont want to, but i would like to know how much you got em for, and where, and will they ship?? .... Just trying to find the best deal ....

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got them for a $3200 MRSP was $5100 (that's Canadian which is very close to US). I got them on a dealer promo and we did a bulk buy for 3 sets. I got one set for the Big Red, my dad got a set for his Prowler and his neighbor got a set for his Rhino.

She is a brute with the tracks on her but I cannot wait to get out for a good run with them on. But with all this rain we are having it maybe a while before that happens. I will post some video when I do get out for a run.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got to give the bike with the tracks on it a real workout this weekend. We got 18" of wet snow and the bike with the tracks really impressed me. It was pushing way more than I ever could with the tires on. The lower gearing in the tracks gives the bike a lot of extra torque. And with the front and rear diff's locked the it will go anywhere. The other real advantage is the floatation when I got to the ditch I would lift the blade an 1" and just ride out over the ditch with a blade full of snow.

Here is a picture of the bike backed up behind a pile of snow. I could never do this without the tracks on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Those were some cool video's. Ok I am going to get some for my dept ride. I can see how they will help us out in the snow. When you ordered them, does camoplast set up with the tracks with the lower gear reducation? Or did you have to order it?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They set it up for the Honda. I believe they change the sprocket to match the bike they are being ordered for. Also the mounting kit is bike specific. I don't know if they have different sprocket sizes for different riding setups or not. The big thing I noticed was the loss in speed. I never had the GPS on the bike so I have no idea what my actual speed was.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Built a small trailer a few weeks ago to haul all the cubs and scouts into a wilderness camp for the weekend. The snow as real soft and I was the only Atv/Utv that made it in. The two snowmobiles they had never had a hitch for a sled. I pulled everyone and there gear in on Friday and back out again on Sunday.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.