Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, bought myself a 1000RR and as you know there is just enough space in the trunk for a cell phone, if it's small...... And the old magnetic tank bag unfortunately will not do :thumbd: I'm looking for a tank bag but also interested in a saddlebags but I'm concerned with the shape of the tail section on the CBR.
As any of you found good luggage bag for the 1000RR?

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
jetbdude said:
Ok, bought myself a 1000RR and as you know there is just enough space in the trunk for a cell phone, if it's small...... And the old magnetic tank bag unfortunately will not do :thumbd: I'm looking for a tank bag but also interested in a saddlebags but I'm concerned with the shape of the tail section on the CBR.

Thanks!
Check and see if Ventura has made anything yet. I have their system on my 929 and it's great! The rack comes off for trackdays with just 2 bolts, simple. The softbags have a lot of room. It all sits on top, no saddlebags to scratch the sides.

I like my RKA tankbag.

Edit: here ya go

The main site is Ventura luggage

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jetbdude said:

Thanks!
This guy hardly comes around anymore then shows up with a new 1000RR.......

Congrats on the new bike!! :smilebig:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jetbdude said:
I made a search in the Riding Gear / Gadgets forum only :crap:

Thanks
I also had pics of my tourmasters. Thought they are on the site :confused: I will look later and if you want I can email them to you when I get home.

I recommend tail bag over saddle bags if you just want a bit of storage. The saddle bags while nice to affect the aerodynamics and drag exhaust smell back a bit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jetbdude said:

Thanks!

Congrats on the new bike, and the new job I guess. Will have to meet up this summer I have a couple of freinds with 1000rr's :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sheepofblue said:
I also had pics of my tourmasters. Thought they are on the site :confused: I will look later and if you want I can email them to you when I get home.

I recommend tail bag over saddle bags if you just want a bit of storage. The saddle bags while nice to affect the aerodynamics and drag exhaust smell back a bit.
That would be nice if you have any pics. I'll pm you my e-mail. For the tail bag my problem with those is that there is no room left for the girfriend...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
soon2b954 said:
This guy hardly comes around anymore then shows up with a new 1000RR.......

Congrats on the new bike!! :smilebig:

Yeah, the new job is why I'm able to afford the new bike :thumb: but it's also why I don't have time to show up here anymore... :thumbd:

·
Registered
45 Posts
jetbdude said:
That would be nice if you have any pics. I'll pm you my e-mail. For the tail bag my problem with those is that there is no room left for the girfriend...
Will she fit in the tail bag? :idunno:

You best be showin' up to Grattan or else :deal:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man I was so close to going last year and I had to back up and abtech had to send my money back and all that crap, I don't want to cause that kind of problem this year so I'll wait to be closer to the event before showing any interest........

Conq, how long does it take to install and remove that bagster?

·
Registered
139 Posts
The bag itself, or the whole cover? The bag comes off in about 30 seconds. The cover, maybe 15 minutes. (You have to remove the seat.) I only take the cover off once a month or so to clean/wax under it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ConqSoft said:
The bag itself, or the whole cover? The bag comes off in about 30 seconds. The cover, maybe 15 minutes. (You have to remove the seat.) I only take the cover off once a month or so to clean/wax under it.

I see, that's pretty cool. Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HondaGalToo said:
Check and see if Ventura has made anything yet. I have their system on my 929 and it's great! The rack comes off for trackdays with just 2 bolts, simple. The softbags have a lot of room. It all sits on top, no saddlebags to scratch the sides.

I like my RKA tankbag.

Edit: here ya go

The main site is Ventura luggage

Ventura rack with the 56 litre bag is doing the trick for me! Use it virtually every day to cart laptop and all else into work.

·
Registered
0 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a Ventura system on the 954. It works pretty well and holds a fair amount of stuff. If I sit the bag on as recommended for solo travel (ie on the pillion seat) I can fit a tent, sleeping bag and camp stretcher on the rack and all my gear in the bag. This is enough to go touring for a week. There are a couple of minor issues. First the bag is not waterproof but you can just line it with a garbage bag so no worries there. The other thing is that it is not easy to completely remove the rack so if you don't want the tubes sticking up like cookie cutters at track days or just for a Sunday fang you need to fit a grab handle in the rack which means the clean lines are a little mucked up. See the link in my sig. I've toyed with the idea of the Oxford humpback but it has nowhere near the carrying capacity of the Ventura.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts