Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need something so me and the wife can talk when we are on the bike together.I know chatterbox is the big com. equipment when it comes to rider to passenger so what should i get? what options etc. thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me and my riding buddies use the chatterbox GMRSX1 Works well enough to be able to communicate bike to bike and not have to yell and play the "what the hell did he just say game"

Plus with the music input you can connect an MP3 player or any other type of portable player without annoying earbuds :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We use the Chatterbox (sorry, don't remember what model) and as long as you have a quiet helmet, they're fine. Any excessive wind noise, forget it. Also, we ride with a couple who each have one. She's very good with it but he isn't so accomplished and is more of a PITA.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Newfie TLR said:
We use the Chatterbox (sorry, don't remember what model) and as long as you have a quiet helmet, they're fine. Any excessive wind noise, forget it. Also, we ride with a couple who each have one. She's very good with it but he isn't so accomplished and is more of a PITA.
We tried the VOX but I have an X11 and that thing always sets off the mic.

Hooked up the PTT to my clipons and within thumbs reach.. a quick movement of the thumb is all it takes. Its close enough where I can keep my hand doing its thing and still activate the PTT :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TGZ13 said:
Me and my riding buddies use the chatterbox GMRSX1 Works well enough to be able to communicate bike to bike and not have to yell and play the "what the hell did he just say game"

Plus with the music input you can connect an MP3 player or any other type of portable player without annoying earbuds :thumb:
does each person need one? those are kinda pricey if i need one for me and the wife

·
Registered
2 Posts
We use the Chatterbox GMRS-X1 with noise cancelling headsets. No problems, except in rain. Then they have to dry out before using them again. They have a 5 mile range, also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
evl_twn said:
We use the Chatterbox GMRS-X1 with noise cancelling headsets. No problems, except in rain. Then they have to dry out before using them again. They have a 5 mile range, also.
That's why I like mine in the tankbag...no water problems, and no big gizmo hanging off of my lid... :twocents:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think I might try that on the next trip somewhere. Only problem is that I don't use a tankbag, only a backpack. I like having it on the helmet only because it's very easy to adjust the vox setting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
evl_twn said:
I think I might try that on the next trip somewhere. Only problem is that I don't use a tankbag, only a backpack. I like having it on the helmet only because it's very easy to adjust the vox setting.
Makes sense...

I like PTT better than VoX, but occasionally need to adjust volume....it would be hard to do with a backpack... :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
stegen said:
does each person need one? those are kinda pricey if i need one for me and the wife
Each rider needs one but passengers only need a $50 headset/mic that plugs into the main unit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stegen, a couple of years back, conq did a group buy with the Chatterbox GMRS-X1. I bought everything I could to make it work for me and the wife. I never got around to installing it. I still have everything and would give you a great deal on it if you are interested. I don't even remember what I payed for it. But I could come up with a good price for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BDA116 said:
Why would you want to talk to your wife?
Especially while riding your motorcycle?
Good point.. Dont we go out riding to get away from them anyway.. Hell I got my girl the mic for her helmet but I never put it in till like a week ago but she has not been on the bike to use it. Thank god she will be talking my ear off..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nedro said:
Stegen, a couple of years back, conq did a group buy with the Chatterbox GMRS-X1. I bought everything I could to make it work for me and the wife. I never got around to installing it. I still have everything and would give you a great deal on it if you are interested. I don't even remember what I payed for it. But I could come up with a good price for you.
Same with me I don't know if I'm going to sell it tho.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts