Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used any of the helmets with the so called "chin diffusers" that are supposed to keep air from blowing up under your chin. I've noticed quite a few helmets claim to have this feature. HJC AC-12 is the first one that comes to mind, but I know I have read the same thing on some of the Arai's and Shoei's. My chin is the only thing that I can't seem to keep warm when I ride in cold weather.

G

·
Has anyone used any of the helmets with the so called "chin diffusers" that are supposed to keep air from blowing up under your chin. I've noticed quite a few helmets claim to have this feature. HJC AC-12 is the first one that comes to mind, but I know I have read the same thing on some of the Arai's and Shoei's. My chin is the only thing that I can't seem to keep warm when I ride in cold weather.
Yeah i have the shoei x11 and the rf1000. I am not sure about keeping my chin warm in the winter but it keeps out a lot of the wind noise and i hear my music better from my mp3 player.

G

·
I've got one for my Shoei too; I didn't like it. I found on cold days that my visor fogged too quickly. I never tried it on a warm day yet.

G

·
I just use a foggy breath guard to stop the visor steaming up all year round and wear a neck tube in the winter. That keeps me warm enough. But the best thing to keep warm riding in winter imho is a good pair of gloves, keeping my hands warm is more important to me.

G

·
"Slickwill" I know it doesn't begin to be as cold here as for you (Houston TX area). However, I do ride year-round and I will not leave without mine when cold out. I have a X-11 Shoei.

G

·
Is that what the cataloge calls a chin curtain? If so it does a fine job of keeping the wind out of my eyes on the CL15. Problem was that I was breathing on the visor and dirt was accumulating on the moisture. I got a breath box for $14.95 works well but it's stuffy if you're not moving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.