Honda Pioneer Forums banner

cold weather glove

2K views 18 replies 2 participants last post by  TraumaOne 
G
#1 ·
looking for a decent cold weather glove. But on the budget end

G
#6 ·
I live in basalt CO near aspen for all you people out there whos only heard of aspen bc of dumb and dumber and it is about 6600 ft high and drops from 60-75 during the day to 20-35 at night. havent found a good winter glove yet but im sill looking. Thought about getting some heated gloves for those bitter cold mornings.

G
#11 ·
I bought some cheap leather insulated gloves at an army surplus store when it was getting cold last fall... work pretty well. It's starting to get chilly in Maryland right now, but I'll be moving to Florida at the end of October :cool:

G
#13 ·
I need to start looking for some cold gear. I will prolly try/buy the Gerbings cause I've tried a few gloves and my fingers still get cold when its 25-30F. Has anyone tried those battery heated socks? They say the heating element is at the underside of the toes. Not much but it may be just enough. I only have a 15 or so mile ride to work so...
My hands and feet are the only problems I have when it gets cold. My FirstGear overpants are incredibly warm at any temperature and my Tourmaster fully insulated jacket doesnt give me any problems except in the middle (zipper area) the wind blows through.

G
#14 ·
Never tried the heated socks. For some reason my feet don't get cold on my 929. Just a nice thick pair of socks and I'm good to go. Even after 5+ hours in sub-freezing temps. Go figure. I use Gerbings heated pant, jacket, and gloves though for the rest of me.

G
#17 ·
I currently live in Illiniois (set to move in a couple of weeks to Alabama again) and when I brought up this topic to a few of the guys I ride with, I was given a really odd suggestion of Latex gloves.

It's worth the try from what I can tell. You can pick up a box for about $7 or so and you just wear them under your normal riding gloves.

Anyone else tried this trick?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.