Honda Pioneer Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cased a fairly big triple. :eek: Snapped the top triple clamp and bent it back. The whole front end is raked out an extra ten degrees or so - it was like riding a chopper back to the pits. It also ripped my skidplate off.

My buddy who was behind me said my rebound bounce was at least five feet in the air - LOL.

Other than sore ankles and wrists I'm fine.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Baketech said:
You dirtbike guys are insane... :eek:
Yeah ... but in a good way. :D

I think the only reason I didn't break a wrist is because the clamps snapping took some of the impact. :idunno: I did the same thing in '99 and wasn't so lucky.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats for being able to walk away from that one. A friend of mine in high school had a similar incident and broke both his ankles. :shocked:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Serial Thriller said:
Congrats for being able to walk away from that one. A friend of mine in high school had a similar incident and broke both his ankles. :shocked:
The last time I cased a big jump, I broke my nose! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
johnnycrash said:
I think the only reason I didn't break a wrist is because the clamps snapping took some of the impact. :idunno: I did the same thing in '99 and wasn't so lucky.
I'd guess you're right, disspated enough energy so it didn't break your wrists.

Didn't a factory KTM 125 rider come up short last year and tear the headstock off the frame? :huh:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #9
TGZ13 said:
As abtech says dirt is for potatoes :thumb:

Thats what's cooler about woods racing. Screw the big jumps, try making 24mph averages through the woods where trees are ~28" apart. :)

Wait'll you really bounce off a tree instead of glancing off it at 40ish , nothing finer than having that wind knocked out of you. :eek:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Haywood said:
Thats what's cooler about woods racing. Screw the big jumps, try making 24mph averages through the woods where trees are ~28" apart. :)

Wait'll you really bounce off a tree instead of glancing off it at 40ish , nothing finer than having that wind knocked out of you. :eek:
Yeah, those trees don't move. :nono: (except for the sneaky bastards that jump out in front of you) :googly:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #11
luvtolean said:
Didn't a factory KTM 125 rider come up short last year and tear the headstock off the frame? :huh:
David Pingree. He ripped the whole front end off the bike casing a supercross jump. :shocked: He quit racing soon after.

I can't say I'm too excited about getting back on mine, either. I'm too old to be gimpin' around anymore and I already have enough scars.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Haywood said:
Thats what's cooler about woods racing. Screw the big jumps, try making 24mph averages through the woods where trees are ~28" apart. :)

Wait'll you really bounce off a tree instead of glancing off it at 40ish , nothing finer than having that wind knocked out of you. :eek:
I have a buddy who was a big time hare-scrambler rider. He was semi-sponsored by Gas-Gas and everything. Even though he doesn't jump much, he still takes a beatin' with those trees. He has a longer injury list than I do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
This is why I enjoy the track I ride so much. NO doubles or triples, just tables. One step up that I don't even attempt since the last attempt left both ankles stinging for a few laps. :crap:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Damn!!! Sucks to hear of the mechanical breakage but at least you can fix that a lot quicker than a broken wrist or chewed up tongue and busted chin :D
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #15
johnnycrash said:
David Pingree. He ripped the whole front end off the bike casing a supercross jump. :shocked: He quit racing soon after.

I can't say I'm too excited about getting back on mine, either. I'm too old to be gimpin' around anymore and I already have enough scars.

I just happened to be at that SX race, it was up in Phx. He came out of the trurn and went for the triple and didn't make it. That was one nasty crash. Sorry to see you busted your KTM up too. Glad you didn't get hurt too bad.


Dano
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top