Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking around at leathers (separates) and was wondering if the 360 degree zipper feature on pants/jackets is a universal fit between manufacturers, or do I need to look at the same company. For instance, I have a Frank Thomas ballistic material jacket that fits really well. If I get a similar (FT) jacket in leather, am I limited to FT leather pants as well?

I saw a post similar to this...I think someone bought a pair of pants that didn't mate up to his jacket, but couldn't find a definitive answer for all brands.

Many thanks!

J

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would suggest bringing the jacket with you to a store and trying the pants with the jacket to see. Other than that I would imagine it would be a universal fit, but I'm not sure.

· Registered
365 Posts
it all depends on which zipper the manufacturer uses. I think they can be different from one model to another. like Smooth said just take it with you when you go.

there's also the option of taking each piece to a leather repair shop and having them sew on a new zipper.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't gotten the pants or the jacket yet. I'm just thinking ahead for when I get leathers. The jacket I have now is textile with the 8" zipper in the back. When I do get leather pants/jacket I want to make sure they zip all the way around for the occasional track day, if/when I make it there.

J

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think zippers are the same one company to another. I have teknic,shift and alpinestars and the 360 zipper is different in all cases. When you buy a coat it may have both sides of the 360 zipper with the coat. Therefore you can have the zipper sewn into the pants for attachment. My mother in law has done this more then once. As far as track legal goes? If its a good sew job then it could be better then store bought.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Often zippers are the same with in the same manufacturer, and they MAY be the same from one manufacturer to another (but a gamble). Since YKK seems to have a lock on the zipper industry, it would seem that your chances are good infinding compatibility, but they make so many different zipper types and pitches. Always check. Also, in my experience the pants and jacket will usually come with both sides of the zipper, so a little sewing with solve all of your problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.