Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any time on one of these? I'm thinking of getting one to ride at a nearby mini bike track. I've got one in my sights with BBR springs and exhaust already on it. This track is limited to 230 4 strokes....

Should I?:idunno:

G

·
Probably your typical Honda 4 stroke trail bike, probably mellow power, soft suspension, reliable as hell, never rode one myself though

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I rode it today, in the rain, and I was hoping it would be somewhat close to the CRF250R stock power with all the mods to it but it is definitely weaker all around from the "R". I'd be giving up my CR to buy it....:huh:

G

·
That'd be a big power difference that's for sure, maybe you should move somewhere where there isn't a :gay: displacement limit :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mattress said:
That'd be a big power difference that's for sure, maybe you should move somewhere where there isn't a :gay: displacement limit :D
I've been to the local non gay full size track with my CR and I'm not enough man to attempt to clear the big boy jumps. Something about finishing my career and paying my bills.....:rolleyes:

:)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I taught my GF to ride on one, we borrowed Trackho's.

If you've ever ridden a XR200, it's pretty similar. Very minimal power, and quite heavy.(electric start and other crap all over it) It felt as heavy as a 250, but it's smaller, so it feels really "dense". (if you sit on one, you'll see what I mean)

I think if you want to go mini racing, you ought to go with one of the 150CC ish bikes and spend the extra money modding it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't plan on racing, just having fun. :eyebrows:

The one I'm looking at has every BBR mod on it already plus Pro-tapers, a nice sprocket set up, a great graphics kit, everything but the big bore kit. With the big bore kit you need to run race gas and I'd rather not honestly. We'll see how much fun I can have on it. It felt smaller so throwing it around should be quite easy.:thumb:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had this thing for a few months now and I'm very glad I bought it. I'm twice as fast on this bike due to the easy riding 4 stroke powerband. The little track I ride at is a lot more fun when I can clear every jump.:eyebrows: And I'm not nearly as sore. :smilebig:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts