Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard good things about the kangaroo leather and Dainese is supposed to be the leader. I've never purchased any racing leathers of this stature but I've been riding harder lately with my gained experience and I'll be taking a 300 mile trip to school in a few weeks so I decided to pick up a pair. Anybody have them? What do you think about them? Worth the price tag? Something better for the money?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dainese is top of the line you cant go wrong but you really dont need them. You would be more then fine with some Technic leathers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most any off the rack stuff is good and the Mfgs mentioned above are great. However, for the same $$$(or even less in some cases), you can have a custom made set. Any design style, colors and made to your measurements. Barnacle Bills Racing Leathers or Home - Pilot Pacific, Inc. (PILOT USA) I have a set from Barnacle Bill and love them. Pilot is running a $700.00 special on customs. I think you have to call them. Anyway, it's an alternative people overlook thinking it costs alot more.:thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If there is no diff in cost for you there - then go Dainese, the leather seems to wear much better also, you wont be sorry.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok well I've been looking and I think I'm going to go with a more street friendly but still leather set up, shift SR-1 leather jacket, Shift redline leather pants, Alpinestar tech 7 boots, and shift barrier gloves. What do you guys think?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think so, it doesn't very much off of the tech 10s and Chris Stoner models in all the biker mags.
Does anyone know of a good superstore online to get this stuff from? I was looking at bikebandit.
Also, I'm 6'3'' at about 185, does anyone know how the shift jackets run? I don't want to spend all this money and have it show up to short or what not

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And I'm looking at these sizing charts and a jacket for someone 6'3'' will have a 42 inch chest and I'm not close to there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I usually use kneedraggers.com, newenough.com, and sportbiketrackgear.com.

Just ordered a teknic chicane leather jacket that attaches to my chicane pants for 150 from new enough. Granted it's nowhere near the level of a Dianese, but it's on close out if anyones interested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll check it out. I went to a local shop and tried on an icon XXL and the chest was a little big but it really wasn't that bad.. maybe I just need to start working out!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.