Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking to get a 2 piece leather suit. i knowi should stay away from icon, and i am not to fond of joe rocket. i looked at the spidi and there stuff looks good, i am open to any suggestions. if anyone is getting rid of any leathers let me know also. thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FIT!

There are good brands out there but be sure it fits (the woolier crowd is more limited than the twigs :crap: ). Also check for number of seams and whether the existing seams are single, double or rolled (worse to better).

If you post general weight, height and build their may be someone that is similar that can recommend a specific brand.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alpinestars makes some good stuff, too. RS Taichi is good, but 2 pieces are hard to find in the US. Although, you can get them shipped from the UK! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i figured the 2 piece would be more usefull to me since i mainly ride on the street
Definitely! A one piece on the street is a pain in the butt when you stop for lunch or whatever. If you ever plan on doing a trackday, get a 2 piece with a full circumference zipper, not the short one that only goes across the back of the pants/jacket. The full zipper will be a requirement at a trackday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:thumb: thanks. i found some nice alpinestars stuff on ebay much cheaper than the spidi, but its in europe. isnt there a import tax on overseas purchases?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
should i get the solid leather or preforated?
That would depend on your preferences and the weather you intend to ride in. My race leathers have no perforations and it is OK with me, you get used to it after a while ... I'm also up in Michigan. If you ride in cold weather, you'll need something to block the perfs ... so it depends on your preferences and which compromise you are satisfied with.

Just my opinion :smilebig:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a Spidi 2-piece that I've been very happy with. Down in it 3 times and though it did tear one seam, it's held up pretty well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i like the look of the spidi seven, and the alpinestars vector 2 piece from what i have seen on the net. is it pretty much a std that they have back protection in them

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In the south go perf! In cooler weather you can get a fleece that is wind resistant to wear underneath. In july/august perf is mandatory.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Look at New Enough as suggested.

I have almost always found the best deals here:
MAW
http://www.mawonline.com/
Their shipping is SLOW. So don't get anxious if it doesn't ship right away.

I like two piece suits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Check out the sizing good. Looks like the e-bay listing you posted, the size may be too small for you. Just look closely at that before buying.

What color are you looking for?
I have a JR blaster jacket and pant suit that I used to have for street riding and it worked well. It is red and black if you are interested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In the south go perf! In cooler weather you can get a fleece that is wind resistant to wear underneath. In july/august perf is mandatory.
For those of us that may be unable to grow our own fleece, were do you recommend getting such a thing?
I plan to get a pref suit, but I want to be able to use it on winter trackdays at Jennings.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts