Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for flooding the forum recently, but I have a lot of q's!

I want to buy some boots, and am not sure which way to go. Thier use will be on bike pretty much all of the time. I will not do much walking in them. Spirited riding, and a little stunting, I am sure I will meet the pavement.

I am thinking from 3 choices:

Sidi Vertigo Corsa Air
Sidi Vertigo Corsa Air Boot - Sidi Motorcycle Boots - KneeDraggers.com

Sidi Vertigo Air
Sidi Vertigo Air Boot - Sidi Motorcycle Boots - KneeDraggers.com

A* S-MX PLUS
Alpinestars S-MX PLUS Racing Boots - Alpinestars Motorcycle Boots - KneeDraggers.com

There all feature good ventilation as they are preforated, something very important to me as I ride in high temps all the time here in Saudi Arabia.

Thank you SOOOO MUCH!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been very happy with my Vertigo Corsa...more comfy to me than my alpinestars were...but just my opinion! Good luck with whatever you get!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply, would you consider yourself a wide, or narrow foot or anything like that to consider?

I note the A* does not have my exact size. I can squeeze into a 10.5 but normally take an 11. They only make an 11.5 or 10.5. Might be something to consider.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't forget the Oxtar Evo replicas... I have a set and after owning the Sidi's(just the vertabrae model) and they are 1000% better. Ventalation is amazing and they have an inner lace up boot. Fit my foot great and have a lot of give where they need to. Plus they are almost 100$ cheaper than the ones that you listed.

AND they have Ti toe and heel sliders... :evilaugh: (just for fun)

Here is a link, I deal with Brad all the time and have had nothing but GREAT luck.

Oxtar Evo RX Replica Boots Detail

You can get them from him a LOT cheaper than that BTW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you for the suggestion. I read that they fit best for people with thin feet with the laces, but can accommodate someone with a slightly wide foot as well. Do you find this to be true?

I notice they have a 11 = 45 size which is better then A* where 10.5 = 45 and 46 is an 11.5. Maybe sloppy on me is all.

I will admit I am not a big fan of the white, but if they offer better fit to overcome that, I would like to consider them!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any of the choices you mentioned would be good. I've never had Sidis, but everyone I know who does likes them. I have Alpinestar Supertechs for the track, and the SMX gortex ones for the street. I like them both.
Those Oxtar ones with the titanium sliders are way cool, but keep in mind that some trackday orgs don't allow the metal sliders, if that's a consideration.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the A* you are looking at and they are great. I will say that the cushion in one of the boots came loose and would always move while I was on the track. This became very annoying but was fixed with a little glue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have small feet and the Sidi's fit well but it seems as if they'd fit a bigger foot as well. try them all on if you can (not really sure how many stores there are in your part of the world). I only have the regular Vertigos and just the vent on the side of the foot really lets a good amount of air in (just have to move my foot to the right position and it comes rushing in). soI think the Air version should do really well in your extreme heat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't get the Corsas unless you plan on wearing your pants over top of them. THe ankle brace gets caught in your heel guard. Very annoying and scary at times. Other than that, awesome boot. I've just had to adjust my foot positioning.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone.

As far as trying on things goes, that is a zero chance. Most people around here ride in flip flops, long shorts, tank tops and no helmets. Great.

My concern with the Sidi sizing is I am an E size foot, a little on the wide side. I know sidi fits a bit small according to most people, so I was planning to buy a size up. The venting seems outstanding, and in the heat here that would be important as it is usually 80%+ humidity and 90f+ plus. And that is at night.

The A* seems to be sized against all logic, as they fit a little wide, but do not come in my size, size 11. they make an 11.5 only. The width should be nice, but I can't find anyone who speaks about the ventilated version to know how well they move air. I mean, if they are not well vented, I will die wearing them.

So that is my dilemma.

How about this way, money aside, which would you put on your feet, Sidi or A*?

I wish someone had E width feet and could speak about sidi sizing!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't have a crazy wide foot but the Oxtars seem to fit me very well, they are not tight by any means across the middle and my feet are not exactly narrow...

Plus they have enough room to wear leathers inside them. :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If your interested in the Oxtars, sportbiketrackgear.com has them at a much cheaper price than listed above.

I have the replica's and crashed 2 times this year and they held up fantastic, I am still using them, and if i destroy them, ill get another pair.
Comfort and Ventilation is awsome, the inner lacing on the replic's really plants your foot in the boot.

-Nick

Ps i rode 6200 miles in mine this year, about 1500 track miles, and the rest street.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I also am torn between the Vertigo Corsa Air Boots or the SMX PLUS. Anyone else have any imput on this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hate my sidis! they get caught on the rearsets way to much. the scrws are hard to get out or come out when they shouldn't.

Next set will be oxtars or gaurnea (spelled wrong i'm sure) the reason i bought the sidis is i have an extreamly narrow foot and they have a strap over the toe that keeps my foo it place.

i have gone off track trying to get the damb boot uncaught before. sure i shouldn't blame the boot but i was downshifting and breaking and lost concentration when my fracking boot got stuck on the shifter side rearset! they definetly need to keep the protection closer to the boot and get rid of the sharp edges.

sorry for the rant but after spending 400 for boots and to nearly crash due to them sucks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the oxtar sport boots from motorcyclecloseouts.com. No Ti sliders, but does have the CE approval. No internal laces, but the shoes seem to do a very good job of keeping my feet in place. They have the hard leather insole similar to cycling shoes, but are very comfortable to ride in. I tried the A* in stores, but felt uncomfortable walking in them at the store. I wear size 10.5 in a tennie, but took a 45 in Oxtar. I think whatever euro size in A* is equivalent in a Oxtar. I've had them for about 6 months all commuting miles. My right boot had a meeting with a trailer fender while splitting lanes one day and survived beautifully. I will buy them again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My concern with the Sidi sizing is I am an E size foot, a little on the wide side.
You'll definitely want to try them on. I have a set of Sidi Vertigos (size14) and they run just a bit on the narrow side.

Or try ordering from a place that will let you return if the sizing is not right.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts