Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with Airoh (TR1), Roof (R05 Boxer V), or Momo (Devil) helmets? I understand that, although they are not DOT approved, the European standards are even better than US DOT. I really have my eye on an Airoh TR1 (chrome or black) but its gonna cost $$$, and I am concerned about fit, noise, etc.

· Registered
365 Posts
honestly if you can't try it on or return it if it doesn't fit I wouldn't buy it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dont go for the Airoh helmets,i am from greece,the are shold here alot.
They are cheap helmets,their quality has come up the last years but its not something i would buy for my main helmet.They were originaly sold cause many were mistaker airoh with....arai...:rotfl:
Go with a uvex instead...top helmets.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are in the USA wanting to order a euro standards helmet.. good luck, they may have laws or rules against sending those to the US. maybe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take a look at Shark brand helmets. They are from Europe but made to DOT standards and they also carry the euro standard along with them i think.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
had a shark rsf2 before my uvex.
Great helmets,very quiet and ment for sport bikes.Very good quality vs price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really appreciate the advice everyone. Too bad about the Airoh helmets being cheap, they sure look sharp! I have read several reviews regarding the Shark helmets. They review really well for comfort and quality. Their style is just not something that appeals to me though. Since reading all of your comments I have been looking at AGV helmets too... the S-4 to be specific. I really like the style of that particular helmet, and I know that AGV is a quality manufacturer as well. I believe that AGV helmets are DOT approved too. I suppose, if I had $$$, I would purchase a Suomy or Schuberth... but just because I ride in Malibu doesn't mean I live in Malibu...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.