Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the fact the guy had a Honda Foreman this has nothing to do with Big Red's but I just had to post it.

I just got back from my two week holiday in Maine and New York and was talking to a couple who had two ATV's on there truck and trailer. The first story the guy told me was how they went out on this trail that they had never been on and on there way back to camp well after dark they realized the 3 of them were all getting low on fuel. So knowing that they wouldn't make it they stop and siphoned two of the bikes dry and used what little gas they had to put in the tank of the third bike. After a few more miles that bike also ran out of gas and the guy riding it had to hike back a few miles to camp to get the extra gas they had. I thought this was all fine and could of happened to anyone. Then he goes on to tell me another story with the same out come and then his wife pipes up and reminds him of two other times this has happened and they all get a laugh out of it.

I thought to myself this is a great way to get oneself into a world of trouble real quick and these two seem to do it all the time and even on some weird level enjoyed it.

I always ride with a 20L tank on the back even if I am just running around some of the local trails. I also always have my GPS with me as I have had to look for people lost in the woods to many times. This couple said they have one but never took the time to learn how to use it and just leave it at home.

Anyway just venting.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I wish I had that problem. So far I've put less than 40 miles on mine. I think I've only seen the fuel light come on once (other then when starting it). Hard to run out of gas when the average trip is less than 2 miles. Someday I'll have time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.