Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I plan on doing the same (adding lighting). I have to get a wiring diagram however I will use the existing reverse indicator on the dash to activate a relay to carry the load for the reverse light. Install the relay in the existing battery box and run the wires to the rear. Got a set of warn trail lights from eBay, the relay is just a off the shelf relay from the auto parts store. :patriot: Did this on my friends Mule and it worked fine.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Have thought about doing this as well. As anyone seen a kit for signal lghts on the front and rear. It appears that the front head lights have a place for a signal light molded in place from the factory.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I agree sfrankland, I have taken note of the same thing (place for a bulb in the headlight assembly). I have seen kits for other side X sides but not for BR. I’m not real interested in turn signals as I am a 4-way flasher. We volunteer picking up trash on the trails in the forest where we ride and roads where we live. I like to be safe. I want to use LED’s so you can use a silent flasher and a pushbutton switch on the dash for activating the system. I have too many other things going on however, in my travels I will be looking for parts. Lets keep this thread going and let everyone know what we find / decide.:patriot:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't know of anyone making a reverse light what is plug and play, but you can easly wire in a set of lights that will come on when you put it into reverse. I have this on my Rincon and it works nicely. All you need to do is install what ever lights you want for you back-up lights but instead of wiring the sylinoid to the key switch you wire it to the reverse light indicator, this will "throw" the syliniod and trigger your back-up lights when ever you go into reverse.

It really is easy to do.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think if I was interested in turn signals/ flasher I would use the stock brake lights and just add a generic trailer adapter that most foreign cars use because they have separate turn signals and brake lights.

I don't really need turn signals but back up lights would be nice. Now that I've finished my front 2" receiver hitch I thought about making something like the Bison rear bumper but with lights built into it to protect them better. It would be nice to find a clear light close to the same shape as the stock rear lights.

If not I'm thinking of using the oval sealed lights that fit into the grommets like this. They come in both stop/ tail lights and clear. My idea was to use a piece of roll bar tubing and take a hole saw or plasma cutter to make four oval holes so I can recess them into it with a little welding.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't have any great pictures of it as i was building it but here's two after it was finished. You can't see it too well but to get to the pin for the draw bar you have to slide your hand in behind the skid plate from the side right below the upper bumper mount.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There's two 5/16" holes between the upper A arms. I used 3/16 plate to attach to them and ran a 1"x2" tube between them. I got a 12" receiver from TSC and with just a little modification I made it just long enough so it wouldn't stuck out too far. I have a diag brace on each side to brace it and another one going to the front mount for the front diff.

It's nice having a solid place to tie the BR down when on a trailer. I've used it to drag a dead Hemlock about 1/4 of a mile out of the way (was more playing than anything since normally I would just use the dozer to move something like it).

My plan is to mount a winch onto a plate so I can use it front or back. I just haven't had the time yet. I think I could make a place on the drivers side under the hood to store the winch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.