Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Out here we've been having tons of rain, but it finally ended last week. So, I knew the dirt biking was gonna be awesome this past weekend. I figured I'd let everyone mud it in on Saturday, and go myself Sunday.

So we get up early and head down to Hollister to beat the crowd...but everyone else seems to have had the same idea. I go out do my first loop and come back to the truck. The place is just PACKED now! So I head out for a second loop and there's people everywhere doing stupid stuff. Hmmm.

I stop at this small lake to let my arms rest a second, and there's this moron hollering about kicking some dude's ass when he gets there. He's going on about how "I couldn't get buy so I just pushed that ****** out of the way, if he stops here I'm kicking his ass".

Now, I see these scoggins everywhere I ride. Road or dirt, it's the guy who's just a tiny bit faster than the average so he can't easily make a pass. But this bragging and fighting has me pissed. I take off the gloves and sit at the table ready to get involved and realize how dumb I am. I'm gonna end up in a fight because of some stupid cretin that can't ride nearly as well as he thinks he can. I put on the helmet, went to the truck and packed it up. :rant: It was too bad. The dirt was perfect. You could just lean it over and gas it in corners!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:rotfl:

G

·
ConqSoft said:
Fighting anywhere is stupid. You shoulda kicked the guy's ass.
Yeah....what Conq said. You should have taught him a lesson. Never underestimate the satisfaction of sinking to someone elses level. :p

G

·
No matter where you go, there is always at least one arrogant prick. I got around a dude twice my size under him in a berm on the track a month ago and coming up to the table top he just lost it. I got pretty close to him but never hit him and he freaked out like I was Satan's spawn. Glad he just felt like running his mouth though lol, it could have worked out bad for my if he had wanted to beat the hell out of me.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tornado bait said:
Yeah....what Conq said. You should have taught him a lesson. Never underestimate the satisfaction of sinking to someone elses level. :p
Or below when they pound your azz into the dirt. ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
On the trails and the track around here, nothing but mutual respect. Never had a problem. My buds and I are still beginners at the track and the fast guys actually show some respect and wait until the long straights to roost us, never crowding in the corners or any stuffing anywhere. Been lucky so far.

We have purposely refrained from putting numbers on our plates as not to confuse anyone that we may actually know how to ride fast. :smilebig:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I haven't seen it to that extreme, but I know the mentality well. Most often I find the quad guys get pissed when passed and start their swerve and shout fests. Bear in mind this activity typically occurs when they are festering in a quaghole with the limiter choking in 4wd-hi and think they're God's gift to flying debris. What faster way to get through a puddle then part it, right? :rolleyes:

G

·
luvtolean said:
Out here we've been having tons of rain, but it finally ended last week. So, I knew the dirt biking was gonna be awesome this past weekend. I figured I'd let everyone mud it in on Saturday, and go myself Sunday.

So we get up early and head down to Hollister to beat the crowd...but everyone else seems to have had the same idea. I go out do my first loop and come back to the truck. The place is just PACKED now! So I head out for a second loop and there's people everywhere doing stupid stuff. Hmmm.

I stop at this small lake to let my arms rest a second, and there's this moron hollering about kicking some dude's ass when he gets there. He's going on about how "I couldn't get buy so I just pushed that ****** out of the way, if he stops here I'm kicking his ass".

Now, I see these scoggins everywhere I ride. Road or dirt, it's the guy who's just a tiny bit faster than the average so he can't easily make a pass. But this bragging and fighting has me pissed. I take off the gloves and sit at the table ready to get involved and realize how dumb I am. I'm gonna end up in a fight because of some stupid cretin that can't ride nearly as well as he thinks he can. I put on the helmet, went to the truck and packed it up. :rant: It was too bad. The dirt was perfect. You could just lean it over and gas it in corners!
Seen the same type of thing there also. It's pretty bad. I use to ride there every weekend or sometimes up to 10 times a month. In the last 3 or 4 years it's gotten a lot worse. I've given up on riding there unless it's Tuesday-Thursday. Seems like the weekend idiots come out in force on Friday and stay til Monday. Not even worth riding there. If that was it for a place to ride I'd just sell the dirtbike. I much prefer a 5 hour drive out to a quit place in the desert for a much more enjoyable dirt ride.

G

·
You need to get the shirt I had on today:
"I'm probably a lot faster than you think you are"
then just stroll over and when they look up to see what you want turn and stroll off so they can read :devil: whether you are that fast or not it will drive self inflated squids crazy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts