Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
awesome. I have a pair of LL bean pants that are flannel lined. They are warm and comfortable as hell but I'd say a little less sturdy than jeans.

I was wearing them when I crashed my bike and they only got a tiny hole on top of the left ass pocket so they held up pretty damn good (of course there was also a bunch of oil that I slid on too that helped cut down road friction tremendously)

G

·
were you also cartwheeling instead of sliding?
true slide would wear through any jean in a matter of feet. that's why i'm thinking your arse was in the air most of the time to have such a tiny hole.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tanuki SC said:
were you also cartwheeling instead of sliding?
true slide would wear through any jean in a matter of feet. that's why i'm thinking your arse was in the air most of the time to have such a tiny hole.
nope went down and slid a few feet. if I had flipped I probably woulda got hurt but I didn't even get a single bruise. I slid on the oil that came out of the bike so thats why they didn't burn through (and the ones I was wearing aren't jeans, just regular cotton pants which would normally tear apart faster than jeans. yeah I know I shoulda been wearing better protective gear)

·
Registered
21 Posts
trbo2nr said:
I just received a pair of the LL Bean's from the Mrs from Christmas. Hope to
ride with them this week when the temp gets to 35 or so.
even though those were what I crashed in and only got a tiny hole above the ass pocket I still don't recommend them for riding unless you put riding pants over them.

MrX954 said:
If you have a local "Work'n'Gear" they sell flannel lined jeans there.
damn shoulda looked around a bit more when I was in there today.

G

·
Bought 2 pairs of Carhart flannel lined jeans just before X-mas. Warm as hell, even in the great white north. Carthart specializes in work clothes, so they're tough on the outside too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts