Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have heard a lot about joe rocket alpinestar this that and the other brands, but whats the word on this frank thomas?? Im rather new to the sports bike world however people I know that have been riding for years have never heard of it...

Any word on the ratings of this gear? I heard something along the lines of it just came to the states and is only permitted to be sold at cycle gear??? Thats what an employee told me.. They could jsut be blowing smoke.

Another thing.. There any links to sites around which gives good ratings and compares gear??? Please let me know what you guys think.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No, actually they are not blowing smoke. That's exactly what it says on the .uk web page.:whistle:

BTW - :welcome: from PA.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's GREAT stuff at a good price!
But if you are tall like I am, they do not have pants for you. I guess everyone at Frank Thomas is 4'6". No tall sizes.
But it is quality stuff and Cycle gear has a great garranty on them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not a huge fan of the Frank Thomas stuff. Guess it's good for the money....

I'd check out Alpinestars, they have stuff in women's sizes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone know the ratings for a crash though?? Hear about how well it held up to high impact? I have heard a lot about Joe Rocket which is what my guy wants me to get because he has, needless to say, a few high impacts with it.

One was a guard rail doing 60. Some douche came around the corner wide, my guy being on the aggressive side. They clipped his bike and kept on going!!! He slid real far after hitting the rail and it sanded his gear down to the last thread. His ridinging boots also were sanded to where you could bend the metal with your pinky. He had a bit of road rash on his hip. Not sure if he was wearing pants. But he faired out REALLY well considering on the other side of the rail was a cliff. That and the doctor said by looking at his jacket that he rolled across the railing a ways and if he was not wearing the jacket he either would have, or almost would have been cut in half.

In other words.... Mmmm Gear.. Yum. lol I want something that will protect me and still look damn good doing it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not sure about ratings, but if you'll find out stats on the thickness of the leather between the two, it will give you a good insight into how well it will hold up against the other brands. I was going to get some of the FT boots, but found a used pair on here. i've looked at the boots and tried them on, the fit and feel was really good. seem to be made of good material, and for the price you can't beat them in leather gear..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.