Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the subject of gear I was out in the "cage" today driving around with the wife and we spotted a guy at the lights on an R1 - This guy stood out quite a lot and my wife commented that he was in full gear on the street, thats what made him look a little out of place. I don't have a clue about percentages but I very rarely spot someone around the streets in full gear. I am guessing maybe 1 in 50 if I was being generous?

G

·
Are You meaning Jacket, Pants with Pucks, Boots and gloves?? Seems here most sport riders are wearing helmets, gloves and jakcets, sometimes rain style pants and boots. rarely knee pucks and race style boots.

G

·
I wish I could wear that stuff all the time...I am stuck with my wife-beater, swim-trunks, flip-flops, and sun-visor...

Just kidding...I wear the obligatory leather: good gloves, really good jacket, 3/4 length boots, and then these really cool jean-like pants that have a (kevlar?) weave on the surface for durability and more importantly reduced friction...The only down side is they are a bit warm (though less than either my leathers or Tour Masters) and they do shine a bit...

G

·
depends on how hard your gonna ride for the day,and were you are going.If your out for a cruise go the usual leather or fibre jacket,draggin jeans & leather boots(helmet and gloves of course).
If your headed up the twisties and are going to try and lean it over at 60deg then i agree full leathers and sliders.
Flip side to all this,its the other people on the road that we gotta look out for too,we can all be the best riders out there,its just when your against the worst driver.

G

·
On the subject of gear I was out in the "cage" today driving around with the wife and we spotted a guy at the lights on an R1 - This guy stood out quite a lot and my wife commented that he was in full gear on the street, thats what made him look a little out of place. I don't have a clue about percentages but I very rarely spot someone around the streets in full gear. I am guessing maybe 1 in 50 if I was being generous?
I'm one of the very few where I live that wears full gear.

Back protector, gloves, leather suit, gloves, boots and helmet :nono:

G

·
I've seen maybe one in the past two months. Most of the riders in my area are on cruisers and most wear a brain bucket and little else safety-wise. The guys/girls on sportbikes always have a full-faced helmet and t-shirt, no gloves, jeans or shorts, and sneakers. None appear too bright and when I see them they just look odd. I don't have full leathers, just my helmet, gloves, a good leather riding jacket with the protection plates, jeans, and safety boots.
Agreed on the "worst driver" comment. My brother wears leather shoes that cover his ankles, gloves, and a helmet, with a two-piece suit. When we went riding he asked me if I planned to fall, I told him no, but I don't plan on being sideswiped either but why take the chance. I think the cops around here would probably look extra-hard and just might even pull guys in full leathers for the slightest infraction

·
Registered
3 Posts
This summer breaks a personal record for me.... the most folks stopping to ask me if I am hot in all my (textile) gear.

For some reason I always think they are asking me for directions since its kind of hard to hear through the ear plugs.

Although I do it on occasion, I feel like an idiot wearing full leathers and pucks on the street.

G

·
im the only one around my area with full leather, some say i look like a marshmellow with all the white, i love it though at least they see me!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While we are on the subject have you ever gone into a shop with your helmet on? I did the other day, parked right at the front door and left the engine running and went in a grabbed the Saturday paper and threw some coin down. I was not giving it any thought until the guy told me I should have my helmet off... I see the guy every second day but I never thought about the security angle.

G

·
While we are on the subject have you ever gone into a shop with your helmet on? I did the other day, parked right at the front door and left the engine running and went in a grabbed the Saturday paper and threw some coin down. I was not giving it any thought until the guy told me I should have my helmet off... I see the guy every second day but I never thought about the security angle.
heh-heh I did that once, but only to spy on my ex-gf whom I hadn't seen in years.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Yeah, I've done it.

G

·
never wear full gear unless im riding to chicago or the twisties. causual, i wear maybe my jacket and helmet other wise just pants shirt and glasses

G

·
I wouldn't worry too much about the security thing, let the cashier do the worrying. It IS still America, at least for the next couple of minutes anyhow. Never know what the Little Man will do next.

But on the subject of gear. I live at the base of the Santa Cruz Mountains. In the mountains it's about 95% full gear head to toe. On the freeways, it is almost 95% wife beaters and sneekers. The two groups come from vastly different backgrounds also. It is plane to see.

G

·
You'd look funnier with skin grafts all up and down from wearing shorts/t-shirt ;)

BTW, MT Wallet- you post on ls2.com alot, don't you? The name sounds familiar.

G

·
I can't bring myself to ride unless I have my jacket, helmet, gloves, boots and leather pants. Occasionally I'll wear jeans instead of leathers for a trip to the corner store, but I feel naked out there with out armor.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.