Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone messed with Garage Works stuff yet?
http://www.gladiatorgw.com/

It looks pricey but well done. I need to do something since it is move or improve time. I am embedded like a tick so moving is going to hurt, so I am looking at improve.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It seems a bit overpriced to me, but then again I sort of look at the garage as a place to craft my own solutions with the maximum function and a minimal investment...sort of. I could just be more of a fan of gorilla shelving then the next guy? or those large chrome plated rollaway style shelving units. Rubbermaid clearview shoeboxes handle the small stuff and tuffbox folding top crates handle the large parts.

As we say this, my 10x10 shed is being plumbed with pneumatic drops and 3/8" truflate fittings all around because Im tired of having the damned air hose laying on the ground or dangling off the compressor all the time. Whatever I want is always just out of reach when I want it - and I would like to have a few tools online at once etc...so now I've managed to stuff some 40' of 1/2" pipe and about 50$ in fittings (not counting the truflate stuff :D) into a 10x10 shed...don't necessarily take my advice ;)

FWIW: Have you seen the GGW stuff in person? My local sears hardware center has a ton of it in stock and some other things...all setup as if its in a garage with workable configs. Might be worth a checking out if you got one?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The local Lowes has a mini display as does Sears. However neither stocks the 8' panels :( The quality looked decent.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Overpriced....

You can get a lot more function for the buck by shopping standard tool storage outlets and home center cabinetry....

:twocents:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could not resist, while expensive it is really well done. And incredibly gadget like :) (guy at work calls me the gadget king and says he wants o be there for the yard sale if I go down on the bike)

Here is one cabinet mounted. I like the rails. I have the regular panels on order along with other stuff. So hopefully next week I will have the full wall channeled and 2 cabinets up. Good thing winter is here I would hate to have this stuff compete with tires and gas money :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Phase 2 has started. I got about 1/2 the front wall done and some stuff hung (no final location though)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Red Rider said:
Looks good. Sure beats the hell out of my garage.
Thanks I still need to do a lot of cutting and mounting but the cool thing will be storage to the ceiling. I should be able to hang my seeder above the cabinets for instance. And like most I definitely need more garage space.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
California Closets came out last Friday and did this to my garage. They worked on a couple of closets too, but I like this the best. I am putting Race Deck down on the garage floor. It should be here some time this week.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SYKOTYK said:
California Closets came out last Friday and did this to my garage. They worked on a couple of closets too, but I like this the best. I am putting Race Deck down on the garage floor. It should be here some time this week.
Nice.

Will the race deck hold the weight of a car? Sears has some tiles that would look great but I was hesitant on the weight limits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sheepofblue said:
Nice.

Will the race deck hold the weight of a car? Sears has some tiles that would look great but I was hesitant on the weight limits.
Yes. It is made out of Polypropylene, they use it for car and motorcycle shows all the time. here is their site I got it from a SoCal distributor, but even when I called the main location they were tremendously helpful.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If'n ya don't mind me asking how much for say a 10x10 area of the deck? no frills here, just 10x10 with some panels to edge it off. I've never really investigated that but I think it might be a good option for where I keep my stuff. Was looking to epox. the floor over the winter, but that might work out better.

Thx :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SYKOTYK said:
I am putting Race Deck down on the garage floor. It should be here some time this week.
First however, that `fridge is crying out for a Keggerator kit. :thumb:

I gotta get the row of boxes (now going on two years old) lining one side of my garage out of here and I'll have a whole 1 & 1/2 car garage. And only one car to four bikes. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SSG, I paid 2.99/sq ft for the tile delivered to my door. The end peices were 1.75ea. Maybe a little pricey but after researching epoxy it is a lot less work and guaranteed to work.

Haywood, if I put a kit on the fridge I wouldn't be able to hold stuff like this. Granted it is a little bare at the moment, but fear not, I will remedy that soon.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thx to both of ya's - the hassle factor alone is better then epoxy and I like that its at least portable to some degree. Not that I'll be taking it anywhere but...if I break a piece or whatever I can replace that piece vs. recoat etc.

I'm mostly just looking for a smaller section to put the snowblower onto so when it melts down after the workout it's not just resting on the floor draining everywhere. But you Ca. guys wouldn't know about that ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Phase 2 is now midway. Not the final position of things but starting to come together. But now i am off to make a Honey Apple pie for the worthless dogs at work :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SYKOTYK said:
Nice indeed! I dig the 40th Anniv. busa sitting there too. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts