Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this site,

www.getfeetwet.com.

My uncle bought a Garmin 2610 refurbished at a great price. A lot of his friends on a FZ1 board use the site with good results. The model he bought came with a 2 year warranty and is way cheaper than retail!

:thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probly because that is an OEM unit, and those places are retail/consumer outlets... :idunno:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How can a company enforce an MSRP? they sell the units to distributors for a set price and the distributor can set their own damn price. They may have it in a contract to where they can not openly advertise that prce and you are forced to request it from them but they can't be told what price to sell it for.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Getsome said:
How can a company enforce an MSRP? they sell the units to distributors for a set price and the distributor can set their own damn price. They may have it in a contract to where they can not openly advertise that prce and you are forced to request it from them but they can't be told what price to sell it for.
Probaly, but they can quit selling them to any distributor that doesnt play nice too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
G-Force Junkie said:
Probaly, but they can quit selling them to any distributor that doesnt play nice too.

And lose business at the same time by losing a customer who will offer competitors products at equally low prices and the comsumer will continue to bargain hunt and buy what is available for the best bang for their buck in most cases.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nope that is the Garmin 18. It like the other one you posted run at 1Hz. So far the Garmin 18 5Hz is the only reasonable model that I have found running above 1Hz

·
Registered
86 Posts
sheepofblue said:
Nope that is the Garmin 18. It like the other one you posted run at 1Hz. So far the Garmin 18 5Hz is the only reasonable model that I have found running above 1Hz
I understand the operational cycle time advantage, but why not just use fire and forget weapons instead of smart bombs? ;)

But on a serious note - would that mean that it heats up quicker and gets lock that much faster? or just its report time is more more 500% faster then a 1hz.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SomeStrangeGuy said:
I understand the operational cycle time advantage, but why not just use fire and forget weapons instead of smart bombs? ;)

But on a serious note - would that mean that it heats up quicker and gets lock that much faster? or just its report time is more more 500% faster then a 1hz.
5Hz signal rate so it gives five points in one second vs 1 for 1 hz.

The NMEA spec is 2400baud which allows higher rates but there is other things output in addition to position. By getting 5Hz I can interpolate tighter data. :thumb:

·
Registered
86 Posts
sheepofblue said:
5Hz signal rate so it gives five points in one second vs 1 for 1 hz.

The NMEA spec is 2400baud which allows higher rates but there is other things output in addition to position. By getting 5Hz I can interpolate tighter data. :thumb:
Damn Ewe :D I get that part- but does this also increase its startup and refresh time (ie: difference between warm , hot, cold, startups) or just data gathering once it's on lock?

im trying to figure out if the quicker cycle time would result in less chance of it getting lost when going through tree cover and stuff ya know. The thinking being - more communication - less chances of missing a ping from space due to leaves,bldgs, etc.

And yah I was trying to figure out what type of data you are interpolating there skipper, autopiloting the RC? ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
SomeStrangeGuy said:
Damn Ewe :D I get that part- but does this also increase its startup and refresh time (ie: difference between warm , hot, cold, startups) or just data gathering once it's on lock?

im trying to figure out if the quicker cycle time would result in less chance of it getting lost when going through tree cover and stuff ya know. The thinking being - more communication - less chances of missing a ping from space due to leaves,bldgs, etc.

And yah I was trying to figure out what type of data you are interpolating there skipper, autopiloting the RC? ;)
If you want that, look at the new Garmins with the SERFI chips, my 60CSX will lock on 4 or 5 satalites with 40 foot accuracy inside my house! I've never seen any GPS do that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SomeStrangeGuy said:

Nope that is a function of antenna and signal strength needed coupled with processor firmware.

Nope have to plot exactly how slow the herd grazes. Plus Matt232 had a great idea on using it to plot cool road rides :thumb: I need to create some local maps to help my brother (likely with MS Streets and added text to start)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.