Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WAS SEARCHING FOR ANY GOOD INFO ON BR USING YAHOO. I CAME ACROSS SOMEONE COMPLAINING OF A GAS SMELL IN THE CAB ON DOWN HILL CLIMBS. ALTHOUGH I HAVE NOT PERSONALLY HAD THIS ISSUE, I THINK I KNOW HOW TO FIX IT. IF YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR OIL, OR TAKE OFF THE PASSENGER SEAT FOR ANY REASON YOU WILL SEE THAT THE FUEL TANK HAS A BREATHER HOSE ABOUT 12"-16" LONG. THIS HOSE IS NOT VERY MUCH HIGHER THAN THE TANK ITSELF AND IS OPEN ENDED. IF YOU RAISE IT AND PUT A BREATHER FILTER ON THE END , THIS WILL PROBABLY SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Bet the fuel just sloshed to the vent, that said there should be a roll over valve to prevent the fuel from actually exiting the tank (a small amount would be normal). It seems we have all found something that could be improved upon. Extremerancher02 vented his rear dif along the snorkel line and I did the same. You could “T” in the fuel tank vent line and kill 2 birds with one stone. Along the same line the front dif and electric cooling fan motor vent at the same place along the radiator support. Both diff vents as well as the electric fan use these little plastic adaptors which seals out very little. Using the little old style VW bug carb fuel filters would work great for this task.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yea I have mine ran up my snorkel with my rear diff. And the only reason I didn't donthe fan and front diff. Was b/c they are high enough for me I hopefully never see that much water in my br haha

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
xtremerancher02 are they ran up the snorkel or are they Tee'ed into it. I have gone through a lot of deep water and have never had an issue but the more I read the more I wonder why I haven't.

·
Registered
117 Posts
They are ran up the snorkel not a fan of t-ing into my snorkels

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.