Honda Pioneer Forums banner

Good places to get EZ Up shelters?

6K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  KF810 
G
#1 ·
Might have to snag one for this year. Any suggestions on good places to buy? Alternate brands? Or reasonably prices trailer awnings (of the side of the sheep hauler)

Thanks

G
#3 ·
RRWANTR said:
Costco. They have a very nice one by Caravan that is muuuchhh better than the cheapie units. 10x10 with sides etc for around $190.
:plus1: Picking one up this weekend. Full zippered site curtains, roller case, and anchors. I'll bring one to Barber for you if you want. Don't know if they have Costco down there. Sams Club also has an EZ-UP 10x10, same deal, for $210.

#6 ·
RRWANTR said:
Costco. They have a very nice one by Caravan that is muuuchhh better than the cheapie units (100-150) Ezup units. 10x10 with the straight sides etc for around $190.
:thumb: I've had mine 5 years now. Looking a little rough, but a great piece of gear.

G
#7 ·
I got an EZ Up on sale at Sports Authority. It's one of their cheaper models, but it's held up ok. The side awnings for trailers/RVs are really expensive. You could probably buy 10 EZups for the price of one of those roll up awning things.

G
#8 ·
SoB, you may or may not be interested in a 10 x 20, but go to FBo Grattan 2006 and look at my trackside canopy thread. It might get moved to For Sale, but this is strictly Grattan only so it might not.

FWIW

G
#9 ·
evl_twn said:
I have one of these:

http://www.ezupdirect.com/ezup-instant-shelters/dome2.php

You can find them on sale for around $100 at times. Side curtains are available as an extra, but I've not bought them for mine.
I recommend skipping the dome and going up to the ExpressII (http://www.ezupdirect.com/ezup-instant-shelters/express2.php) if you don't want to go all the way up to the Eclipse. The Domes work pretty good unless in high winds or rain (we get both at Grattan, and the dome drops to become a pool in the rain). The eclipse holds the roof up and the poles are a little heavier duty.

I got mine at Costco for around $200 with walls and awning a couple years ago. I just glanced at the Caravan (or whatever it is they carry now) and it looks very similar.

#10 ·
I have the Dome and it's worked well for 6 years of track days and kid's soccer games. The thing I don't like is the legs are angled, not straight, which makes it hard to mount close to your trailer. I also wish it came with side curtains to help block the sun when it's low. :twocents:

G
#11 ·
Red Rider said:
I have the Dome and it's worked well for 6 years of track days and kid's soccer games. The thing I don't like is the legs are angled, not straight, which makes it hard to mount close to your trailer. I also wish it came with side curtains to help block the sun when it's low. :twocents:
We broke 4 in 3 years racing at Grattan before we upgraded and got 2 years out of the Express level of EZUp, hence my recommendation.... and the side walls block that much needed cool breeze (or even hot, as long as it is moving:) ) when you get in from the track. We just made sure we had enough space around it so we could migrate with the shade. :D

G
#12 ·
I think the EZUp we have is the dome as well....angled legs, and the flexible sticks with elastic in them that connect to support the roof? It was inexpensive compared to the "traditional" EZUps, but I think the next one will be the more expensive type. It's held up ok, but the more expensive ones definitely look sturdier.
I think I read somewhere that Sports Authority is having a 50% off sale, if there's any of those near you.

G
#13 ·
HondaGalToo said:
I think the EZUp we have is the dome as well....angled legs, and the flexible sticks with elastic in them that connect to support the roof? It was inexpensive compared to the "traditional" EZUps, but I think the next one will be the more expensive type. It's held up ok, but the more expensive ones definitely look sturdier.
I think I read somewhere that Sports Authority is having a 50% off sale, if there's any of those near you.
Nope those are an up north thing. Unfortunately I will keep this thread but it maybe August before I do anything. It looks like May will be cool and if Southpark parks next to me at Baa-rber (hint!) dad can leverage his :eyebrows: At Grattan I will be garaged with ??? so I have shade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.