OK, is Icon the same as HJC?

I clicked on the ICON link and the pics show HJC helments.:huh:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hammer said:

the pictures on the site are screwed up. If you click on the HJC section, you get pictures of the icon helmets. Maybe they will get it fixed soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hammer said:

I don't know if they are directly manufactured by HJC, but they are definitely manufactured by Xpeed also known as J-Tech Corp. The part I don't know is if J-Tech has any relation with HJC. They are right across the street in Korea, and used to share and almost identical name. Parts Unlimited has a relationship with HJC as well, I think the Icon leathers division are what used to be labeled products.

Anyhow, the Xpeed helmets are what the Icon lids are based on. Add bling to the old Xpeed Aegis, and you've got an Alliance, etc. I think the current Xpeeds are sold here as the XF and XG.

Same for the Z1R Stance, it'ss a direct carryover of the Xpeed 503, the Z1R Strike, the darling of the Motoryclist Mag article a while back looks like a Euro HJC CS-10. The way that industry seems to be run is like any other, a contract here, a contract there, small guys owned by little guys, some stuff handled inhouse, a factory here a factory there, parts from China assembled in Korea, parts from Korea assembled in China, some stuff handled by contract, etc, etc, and rebadged or painted according to the order and checked boxes.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Too bad there's no such thing as a great deal on brain reconstruction.

Buy a good lid. Not blinged out shit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn, I guess they caught the mixup:

Now they're $99.

And they are Snell and DOT - The Alliance model - and besides my old Arai, I've never had a better fit.

No, I can't stand the look of the Mainframe or that goofier than hell "Speedwing" one, with the Indycar "Wing" on the back...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.