Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the rumors out there about hard cabs for these big reds?

I've got a Polaris Ranger, one of the reasons is you can get hard cabs, glass windshields, etc for it.

Since I'm in Colo, about half the year, we're freezing our buns off, trying to stay out of the snow or rain

Any word on whether Curtis Cabs, etc, will roll out hard cabs?

Yeah I know, they're expensive, but being able to get out of the rain/snow/mud, is sure nice.

Right now the aftermarket accessories look a lot like what they rolled out for 1998 and 1999 Rangers, some soft tops, but no "real" hard cab.

Any rumors or sources on whether these will be rolling out?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A big thing that nobody thinks about it when you flatbed your Ranger/Big Red/Razr anywhere, the soft cab gets torn up unless you take it off.

With the hard cab, you close the doors, load up and move out.

It makes moving locations a snap, load n go.

I hope the aftermarket boys follow through with more accessories.

I suspect they check annual sales of units, and until it hits XYZ, they don't look at making the cab

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a compant in eastern Canada called BEAVER PRO thatr makes aftermarkert cabs and ships all over the world. I am from there and they used my bike to male the prototype windshield. I told them that if they wanted my bike to make other parts that it was OK. My name is Paul Mazerolle in Dieppe, NB Canada. Thier web site is: www.beaverpro.com
Good luck ewith this. If I can be of any other help just let me know.

·
Registered
167 Posts
There is a compant in eastern Canada called BEAVER PRO thatr makes aftermarkert cabs and ships all over the world. I am from there and they used my bike to male the prototype windshield. I told them that if they wanted my bike to make other parts that it was OK. My name is Paul Mazerolle in Dieppe, NB Canada. Thier web site is: www.beaverpro.com
Good luck ewith this. If I can be of any other help just let me know.
chipmando, I talked with Beaverpro and told me they have a windshield out there but failed to get pictures before it left there shop. I would love one but want a vent on the bottom to let the air thru when in the dust. I would love to see pictures of your rig with close up of where the windshield meets the top and mounting points.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The Honda dealer in Russelville, AR has fully enclosed hard cabs with doors on Big Reds
I looked at there website and can't find any info on hard cabs just soft. I will call on Tuesday and ask.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is what the dealer emailed back. It doesn't show up on Beaver Pro's website, but it's possible the web site is behind them trying out prototypes of the cab.

The Hard Cabs we sell are actually an aftermarket brand. I believe they are “Armor Tech”. For all three pieces (Windshield, Roof, Rear with Sliding Glass) it is around $1,800 -$1,900.

Please contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Jonathan Davis
Honda of Russellville
Internet Sales Manager
1-866-466-3219 (Toll-Free)
479-968-2233
[email protected]
www.hondaofrussellville.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry for the wait for the pictures. We went ouit on saturday and got stuck in a mud hol. Bike has to be cleaned before I can send some pictures. I will probable go see them at BEAVERPRO so that they can also take some pictures since the bike will be on it's trailer. On saturday. we just left from our house

·
Registered
14 Posts
I made a top from 1/8" aluminum, I walk on it and welded in a socket for a bass boat pedestal seat. I have a Lexan windshield that is removable. it is not entirely enclosed, but when it rains you do not get soaked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry about shamelessly digging up an old thread but the guys at Lloydminster Honda sent us a few pictures of their installation and I thought i'd put it up to show everyone.

Cheers!
Bruno ( from Beaver Pro)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.