Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
364 Posts
Serial Thriller said:
If the wood is as wide as the bed, it only needs to be as long as the chock (if it's up against the front of the bed). That way, with the bike strapped in place, the chock can't move.
Then based on your logic, the plywood only needs to be marginally wider than the chock as well.

To be honest, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a full sheet covering the entire bed. so that the chock is attached to something that is bound by the entire weight of the bike. Then again, I tend to overbuild everything.

· Registered
364 Posts
Serial Thriller said:
I'm not sure I follow you. :huh: I meant the wood the chock is bolted to would be the width of the bed so it couldn't move laterally.
Yeah, I understood what you meant. What I meant is that with the bike strapped in, the chock has about the same chance moving to one side or the other as it does moving to the rear.

All the way or nothing, that's my motto. ;)

· Registered
364 Posts
Chain said:
Hey guys, look at this. Same concept, less money. Still looks like a very sturdy product.

http://www.bike-grab.com/

Input?
Chain, maybe it was while you were on hiatus, but there's a thread around here somewhere discussing the Bike-Grab, which I have, and the Baxley Sport Chock, which I will get soon. I got my Bike Grab as part of a group buy, for under $100. If I had to pay full price, I'd go for the Baxley without thinking twice about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.