Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't go wrong with either. Comes down to whether you prefer the hard knuckle protection that the Helds have.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Helimot refused to sell any more inferior Held gloves because they were coming apart in crashes. So he designed his own. They sure aren't as pretty as the held gloves are. But your hands will be better off with the Helimot gloves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think that hard protection is the way to go. No scientific data just personal preference. My gloves have hard CF and plastic protectors everywhere. I plan on being a surgeon when I finish med school so I try to protect my hands.
Have you ever seen what CF does when it reaches its limit? It shatters with a lot of force behind it. The pieces are very strong and very sharp. Are you sure you want that around your hands? Race gloves do not have it.

Helimot refused to sell any more inferior Held gloves because they were coming apart in crashes. So he designed his own. They sure aren't as pretty as the held gloves are. But your hands will be better off with the Helimot gloves.
That is what they say, but they sold the gloves for years and then in a short amount of time quit selling the Held and sold their own gloves. That right there is why Helimot lost credibility in my eyes. They praised them one minute and then bashed them the next. I have several pairs of Held gloves and never had an issue.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Have you ever seen what CF does when it reaches its limit? It shatters with a lot of force behind it. The pieces are very strong and very sharp. Are you sure you want that around your hands? Race gloves do not have it.

That is what they say, but they sold the gloves for years and then in a short amount of time quit selling the Held and sold their own gloves. That right there is why Helimot lost credibility in my eyes. They praised them one minute and then bashed them the next. I have several pairs of Held gloves and never had an issue.
He changed when Held change the manufacturer and where they were built and changed the leather. So ya, one day he was standing behind the product, the next day he couldn't. It was a while between when he stopped selling helds and started selling his own. But what do I know, I ended up buying a pair of Nankai's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, Helimot sold and stood behind the Helds when they were German-made.
Now they're not made in Germany anymore. Held claims the few top-of-the-line models still are, anyone know if there's truth in that? I stashed away a couple pairs of Galaxys, so I'm good for several years. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
They are still made in Europe just not German made. They are using cheaper labor to keep the costs down. The construction is still the same. If you really look at many products, you will find that they are made where cheap labor is. People swear by JR gear. Where do you think they are made?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.