Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good helmet lock:idunno:. I have a 07 1000rr and the dinky cable that locks under the seat isn't doing nice things to the bikes finish:thumbd:. I would prefer a bolt-on or something small that can be stored under the seat and locked to the passenger pegs.
Thanks.

mcseman

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have used an adjustable/slip kryptonite lock through both pegs to hold a helmet on each side, but that has to be backpacked or jacket stuffed due to it's size. To me a padlock cheapens the look, not that I'm vain or anything about my Repsol or my lid:rotfl:. I don't even know what I am really looking for besides ideas.
Thanks for a workable solution.

mcseman

If you just wanna lock it to the pegs why not just buy a padlock?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is wrong with the factory one? Assuming it's somewhat like the hook under my 929 seat, it seems to work well enough for me. Considering the bike is not moving when the helmet it hanging off of it, how can it hurt your finish?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The factory one is good enough for one helmet if there is no wind or any disturbance in the force. Otherwise it slides the rubber coated cable across the deep blue finish and wears on it. Most of the time I have 2 helmets to lock on there because of my wife. When it's just me I don't stop until I need gas or I get there :eyebrows:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotcha. The hook on mine holds the helmet pretty tight to the bike. So unless the wind is strong enough to knock the whole thing over while I'm not there, it's not gonna move. Good luck to ya. If you find anything that works well, post it up so others can see it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my friend uses his pistol locking cable but he doesn't ride with a helmet on the bike.....just uses it to secure the helmet when he's away.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I resisted the urge for a while due to the price. Then in the span of one week I was almost rear ended twice while at green lights waiting to turn left. I mentioned this to my wife which alarmed her more than me. She asked about other more/better brake lights. I told her about the spoiler and that I didn't get it due to the price. She said I was more important than a few hundred dollars. Score! The next week a spoiler arrived from cruiserbackrest.com. It really does look sharp and the additional lights are right in the cagers' faces.

/sorry for the derail...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.