Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help! my arms and legs are too short!!

i ordered an Alpinestars SG-1 2-piece suit from my local bike shop and we guessed as best as we could on the sizing (they dont stock ANY riding gear other than helmets). i got size 58 euro (48 us) and it fits perfect EXCEPT for the sleeves and pants being too long. i've owned a Teknic Silverstone 2-pc and an HRC 1-pc (both size 46) and i dont remember having the same problems. the suit will do as is, but i'm most worried about the extra pressure that will be put on my wrists -- expecially once i put my gloves on.

i'm 5'10", ~200 lbs. i've checked sizing charts and found little help there. for size 48, AGVSport shows 36" sleeve and 31" inseam while Teknic shows 27" sleeve and 33" inseam -- for the same size suit!! i realize different companies will use different measuring techniques, but i need to get some help from the people who know best ... you!

anyone of similar size (or anyone with a size 48ish suit), can you please get me your measurements and tell me how your suit fits?? my dealer is talking about passing the "restocking fee" on to me if i start ordering and sending back lots of suits. i dont have a problem with this, but the only way he can really help me is to order the suit and let me try it. i dont want to start spending 15% per suit if i end up having try 2 or 3 or 4 ...

help, anyone?

G

·
You could find a tailor that could shorten the sleeves and legs for you if you're set on that suit.

I normally have the opposite problem: the sleeves and legs are too short. I tried on dozens of suits from all different manufacturers before I purchased mine... I didn't want to get a custom suit.

G

·
You could find a tailor that could shorten the sleeves and legs for you if you're set on that suit...
There you have it. I've got to do the same thing and guess what, we're about the same size. I've got a Pair of F.Thomas pants that I've got to take in at the ankles. Good luck!!

G

·
well depends on the tailor..but if a tailor doesnt do it a leathermaker/shoemaker type guy should be able to work some magic on them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts