Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you please help me answer this question

05 CRF 250X. In second gear especially, when you hit the throttle hard for a jump or to stand her up, she bogs out hard and misses, almost shutting off. Any idea what would cause this? She is fine if you ease the RPM’s up, but not when you hammer her.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
107 Posts
Still under warranty, I suppose, so take it in to the dealer. I'm sure it's something simple like a fueling issue (dirty carb, dirty gas, etc.), or maybe a bad plug.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has it always been running like that or did it you open the airbox or swap exhausts? It sounds like a lean condition that could be fixed by swapping the main and pilot jets, or just adjusting them if you have not done any mods. You should seriously think of checking out www.thumpertalk.com as they do for the four-stroke what this place does for the Fireblade. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does it just stumble, or stuble for a second then lite like a firecracker? Hesitation is usualy a lean condition, major bogging untill you close the throttle a bit usualy rich. What does the plug look like? What mods have been done?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is this when you nail the throttle off idle or anytime you nail it?
are we talking WFO it bogs and anything less it doesen't - or just agressive throttle usage results in bog no matter what the condition.

+1 on the plug comments, questions about airbox/pipe

Have you reviewed the factory settings - set it to them, and tried to take it from there as a baseline? (just figured I'd roll a question into my first piece of advice ;) )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts