Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I swamped my CRF 250X and now it wont start???? Anyone know why ?
My friend and I took apart the top end and the rings we stuck in tight to the piston they were not floating at all.. So we replaced the rings and still no go ? Does not seem to get enough compression when kicking over? Spark plug maybe ?

Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
When you kick it, it has no compression?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah when I kick it over it kicks way too easy.. there is some compression but not much ~ I can kick it over with one hand ~ lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
If the spark plug is seated in it's threads, it's another problem.

Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the 250, does it have an automatic compression release that could be stuck open?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im a newbie to the whole thing so Im not 100% sure ....My firend is the one who is fixing it so I thought I would check and see if anyone knew what it could be....

He was thinking maybe there is too much oil getting to the piston and the rings are getting gummed up ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Your friend sounds like he's in WAY over his head.

I strongly urge you to take this bike to the shop before you mess it up anymore.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he has done stuff like this 100 times but this time we cant seem to figure it out ~ I would take it too a shop but it'd cost me a billion dollars an hour

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Crash_91 said:
he has done stuff like this 100 times but this time we cant seem to figure it out ~ I would take it too a shop but it'd cost me a billion dollars an hour
I need to get a job at that shop

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is seized if the rings don't float in the groove (and are flush with the piston). You MIGHT get by with new rings but that is unlikely. Check the bore and it is likely scored also (there are nice lines down the side of the piston where it has bee rubbing correct). This is not something I would recommend doing yourself (if I am correct) unless you can get decent help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Crash_91 said:
we looked at the cylinder to see if its scored but it didnt look like it ?
In the ancient days I have scuffed a two stroke piston slapped new rings on and run it. I do not recommend that though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts