Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on buying a new helmet and was looking into a Shark Helmet. Has anyone had any bad comments about them. They are lite and not bad looking?:idunno:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as it fits your mellon and it shape you are set. I had a shark and it was great other than I found even with the visor clicked shut it still had a vent of air coming in to my eyes. Have finally given up on the shark and gone to a Suomy helmet which to date has been awesome. But remeber we all have different heads so go with what fits well and is the eye candy you are after!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I am going with the Suomy now. I want the Spec 1R Gambler. That helmet looks great and mny people do not have it. I also enjoy gambling.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was about to say stay away from the shark, I saw a guy who had an accident in one and it didn't hold up for sht

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have zero experience with Shark products but I have heard their venting system is worthless. The current issue of SportRider has a small write-up on one. They didn't bash it but they also didn't have much good to say about it either. IIRC they're not Snell rated, if that means anything to you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
they seem nice. won't buy it because I couldn't fit my glasses in there.
also pulled the plug on a new Suomy Spec1R Extreme Roberts Eagle a couple minutes ago. I have a few hours before work in the morning when I can keep looking before pulling the plug and flushing $650.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I purchased the Suomy Gambler Spec 1R and am very happy with it. I thought about a Shark helmet, but wittness a low speed high side that cracked a small portion, of the top center, of the shark helmet. Luckly the rider was ok and the helmet did it's job, but the impact didn't look that massive to crack the helmet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.