Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys been looking at an A*s 2 piece suit I did a search but couldn't find an answer.

Question is how do the A*s suit fit are they a North American cut like the Joe Rocket (fitting larger than size, I have a 38 2 piece suit I usually wear a 40) or are they a tighter fit like a Japanese suit like Rs Tai Chi or Nankai?

I have a size 40 Teknic one piece that is just right. I also have a Arlen Ness 40 which also fits true to size.

Do the A*s fit large, small or true to sizing?? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't have an A*stars suit. But I do have their Stage jacket. I was worried that it would be more of the slim Euro style cut and fit. I'm athletic build - 5'9", 175, and my chest is 12" bigger than my waist. It fits me very well. FWIW.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an athletic build as well was wondering what size jacket do you wear and is it the same size as the riding jacket??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wear a 44 jacket and the 44 A*stars jacket fits fine. Did have to cinch down the waist straps a bit but arms, chest, shoulders are good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I find the A* fits like most European and Asian suits: very well thank you.

The JR and other North american suits, I find, are built for people with extra weight (and skinny legs).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wear a 44 jacket and the 44 A*stars jacket fits fine. Did have to cinch down the waist straps a bit but arms, chest, shoulders are good.
When you first purchased the jacket was it tight? Did it have to "loosen" up or did it just fit right and has been like that since?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was tight, as it should be. Not so tight that I couldn't breath, just snug. It's still new and I suspect it will loosen up a bit, but generally it's better for your gear to be too tight than too loose.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kind of made me laugh that someone would ask about fit of a particular brand of suit.. isn't everyone's body shaped slightly different? But i guess if your speaking of a manufacturing flaw that is common like they cut the sleeves too short or something then that's another point.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not really a flaw...the Euro suits have a slimmer cut whereas the American suits (like Vanson) run a bit larger, so 44 US doesn't necessarily equal a 54 EUR.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.