Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sparked my mind after reading the leather cleaning thread that I have still yet to clean my A*'s Stunt, it has a seasons worth of dead bugs on it since I'm too scared and un-informed on how to clean it. I have never owned a leather jacket before, only textile so I'm kind of at a loss.

·
Registered
107 Posts
MrX954 said:
It sparked my mind after reading the leather cleaning thread that I have still yet to clean my A*'s Stunt, it has a seasons worth of dead bugs on it since I'm too scared and un-informed on how to clean it. I have never owned a leather jacket before, only textile so I'm kind of at a loss.

Warm, soapy water, then leather cleaner, then leather conditioner.

·
Registered
45 Posts
MrX954 said:
Honda polish seems to be the greatest cleaner ever but is it safe to use on leathers?
I've used it on my jacket, my suit, my boots, shoes, interior of my car, helmet, visor...never a problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Helmut, of Helimot leathers, recommended Lexol products to me...works great. Use the cleaner and then the conditioner.

·
Registered
107 Posts
MrX954 said:
Any specific brands to steer towards or away from??
They're all the same. Just go to the car care section at WalMart or any PepBoys type place.

·
Registered
107 Posts
oldfogey said:
THE PETE, you weren't thinking about leather jackets when you wrote that, now were you?
Originally, I was, but once I had a second to read what I had written, my mind quickly wandered.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I use a couple of products recommended by Tiger Angel, the maker of my leathers. Mother's Leather Cleaner followed by Mother's Leather Conditioner. Quick, easy and good results.

·
Registered
21 Posts
:idunno: spit shine?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rain!

Any lotion with glycerin. The glycerin makes the leather soft and supple like a baby's skin. Glycerin also just happens to be the main ingredient in the better hand lotions. It makes skins strong and soft. The leather cleaners you get should have this in its ingredients.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Leave the bugs on....it keeps your wife from wanting to kiss you goodbye on Sunday mornings.... :evilaugh:

If you really must...a nice rainy day ride does wonders... :thumb:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts